A COLLISION between two lorries and a van caused long delays on the A34 northbound yesterday morning.
The northbound carriageway at Weston-on-the-Green was closed from 10.30am until about 1pm, with tailbacks stretching south back to Botley.
There was also heavy congestion on the B430 up to Middleton Stoney as drivers tried to get around the crash site. A man was taken to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital with minor injuries.
It was not clear last night which vehicle he was in. The air ambulance was also sent to the scene, but was not needed to transport the injured man.
Fire service spokesman Martin Crabtree said firefighters were called just after 10.30am.
One man had to be freed by firefighters.
Ambulance spokeswoman Katherine Morrow said: “We were called at 10.26am to reports of a road traffic collision involving three lorries on the A34.
“We sent an officer, an ambulance and the air ambulance.
“One male patient was taken to the John Radcliffe hopsital with minor injuries.”
- Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay