A COLLISION between two lorries and a van caused long delays on the A34 northbound yesterday morning.
The northbound carriageway at Weston-on-the-Green was closed from 10.30am until about 1pm, with tailbacks stretching south back to Botley.
There was also heavy congestion on the B430 up to Middleton Stoney as drivers tried to get around the crash site. A man was taken to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital with minor injuries.
It was not clear last night which vehicle he was in. The air ambulance was also sent to the scene, but was not needed to transport the injured man.
Fire service spokesman Martin Crabtree said firefighters were called just after 10.30am.
One man had to be freed by firefighters.
Ambulance spokeswoman Katherine Morrow said: “We were called at 10.26am to reports of a road traffic collision involving three lorries on the A34.
“We sent an officer, an ambulance and the air ambulance.
“One male patient was taken to the John Radcliffe hopsital with minor injuries.”
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops