The city’s BHS store will no longer close today.
Staff at the Queen Street department store have been told it will stay open until the end of May or beginning of June.
Arcadia, the company that owns BHS, said in March it would close today and staff then transferred to one of its sister chains such as Dorothy Perkins or Topshop.
Lloyds Banking Group has been granted planning permission to turn the store into a Halifax bank.
- Latest Business news
- Summertown firm's Brainy idea will help stroke victims across Europe
- Pixies creating tech magic make a wish for a new office and some cash
- Biotech firm's virus work spreading rapidly
- New wave of tech heroes choosing to put people before profits, says Oxford funding charity
- Business book club tackles Artificial Intelligence