The city’s BHS store will no longer close today.
Staff at the Queen Street department store have been told it will stay open until the end of May or beginning of June.
Arcadia, the company that owns BHS, said in March it would close today and staff then transferred to one of its sister chains such as Dorothy Perkins or Topshop.
Lloyds Banking Group has been granted planning permission to turn the store into a Halifax bank.
- Latest Business news
- Ex-science minister says leaving EU would be "backward step" for Oxford
- Lawyer's brush with death inspired new funding network
- Travelodge say there is room for growth in Oxfordshire
- Discount retailer will create 50 new jobs with new Bicester store
- Luxury leather firm sees bags of potential amongst women