Family evacuate house after washing machine catches fire

Family evacuate house after washing machine catches fire

Family evacuate house after washing machine catches fire

First published in News Oxford Mail: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter covering Blackbird Leys and Greater Leys. Call me on 01865 425403

A WASHING machine caused a fire in a home on Goldfinch Close in Bicester yesterday morning.

Firefighters were called on Tuesday at 7.50am after the occupants evacuated the house.

Three crews, two from Bicester and one Oxford’s Rewley Road station, attended the scene.

Firefighters and put out the fire with a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher.

Watch Manager Lewis said: “This incident shows the importance of having working smoke alarms on each floor of your property and to test them weekly.

They will give you an immediate warning of a fire and allow you to leave before the fire grows.

"It is also important to have a fire escape plan so everyone in your property knows what to do when smoke alarms go off.

"Remember the importance of Get Out, Stay out and Call the Fire and Rescue Service out.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree