Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Environment Agency warn of increased risk of flooding after heavy rainfall
8:31am Monday 27th January 2014 in News
THERE are 14 flood alerts across Oxfordshire this morning.
The Environment Agency has warned of the increased risk of flooding following the weekend’s rainfall.
The 14 flood alerts are:
- The River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon including Stanford in the Vale, Charney Bassett, Lyford and Garford, and also the Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney.
- The River Cherwell and its tributaries from Charwelton to just above Upper Heyford including Woolford Halse, Edgcote, Cropredy, Marston St Lawrence, Banbury, Kings Sutton and Hook Norton.
- Langford and Wendlebury Brooks and their tributaries from Stratton Audley down to the M40 near Merton, including Bicester and Wendlebury.
- The River Cherwell from Lower Heyford down to and including Oxford, Thrupp, Hampton Poyle and Rousham.
- The River Evenlode from Moreton in Marsh to Cassington including Kingham, Bledington, Milton under Wychwood, Shipton under Wychwood, Ascott under Wychwood, Charlbury, Fawler and Long Hanborough and also the River Glyme at Wootton and Woodstock.
- Ginge Brook for the Steventon area down to and including Sutton Courtenay.
- The River Thames and its tributaries from Days Lock to above Pangbourne including Dorchester and Overy, Shillingford, Benson, Ewelme, Wallingford, Winterbrook, East Hagbourne, South Moreton, North Stoke, Moulsford, South Stoke, Goring and Streatley.
- The River Thames from Mapledurham to Sonning.
- The River Thames for the Abingdon area, including areas between Abingdon down to and including Little Wittenham.
- The River Thames and its tributaries in the Oxford area including areas between Wolvercote down to and including Radley and Jericho.
- The River Thames and its tributaries from Buscot Wick down to Kings Lock, above Oxford, including Buscot, Kelmscott, Radcot, Chimney, Northmoor, Stanton Harcourt, Bablock Hythe and caravan park, Eynsham, Swinford and Yarnton.
- The River Ray and its tributaries from Shipton Lee to Islip, including Ludgershall, Blackthorn and Murcott.