Chlorine gas leak causes Bicester leisure centre closure

Oxford Mail: Firefighters were called to deal with a chlorine gas leak at Bicester Leisure Centre Firefighters were called to deal with a chlorine gas leak at Bicester Leisure Centre

BICESTER'S leisure centre was closed for several hours on Saturday after a chlorine gas leak.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters were called to the centre, in Queen's Avenue, at 6.35am to deal with a small leak in the pool and spa equipment.

They ventilated the area as a precaution.

The centre reopened at 2pm after a specialist engineer repaired the faulty equipment.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree