FLOOD alerts have been issued this afternoon for a number of Oxfordshire rivers and brooks, due to rising water levels caused by today's heavy rain.
The alerts cover:
- The River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon, including Stanford in the Vale and Charney Bassett
- The River Cole along the county boundary with Wiltshire from Shrivenham to Coleshill and Buscot Wick
- The Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney
- The Ginge Brook, from Steventon to Sutton Courtenay.
Flood alerts issued earlier remain in force on the following watercourses:
- River Cherwell from Lower Heyford to Oxford, including Enslow and Thrupp
- River Evenlode from Moreton-in-Marsh to Cassington, inlcuding the Wychwoods and Charlbury
- River Glyme at Wootton and Woodstock
- River Leach, including Little Faringdon
- River Ray and its tributaries from Shipton Lee to Islip, including Ludgershall, Blackthorn and Murcott
- River Thame, from Marsworth to Dorchester, including Thame, Waterperry, Cuddesdon, Wheatley and Drayton St Leonard
- River Thames and its tributaries throughout Oxfordshire, including Oxford, Abingdon and Wallingford
- River Windrush, from Bourton-on-the Water to Newbridge, including Burford, Asthall, Minster Lovell, Crawley, Witney, Ducklington, Rack End and Standlake
- Chalgrove Brook at Chalgrove and Stadhampton.