Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
The Scales of Justice
11:50am Thursday 7th March 2013 in News
People convicted of offences at magistrates' courts in Oxfordshire recently:
- George Larman, 57, of Mitchell Close, Wootton, near Abingdon, admitted assault by beating on August 18 in Wootton. Told to pay £15 victims’ surcharge.
- Jack Lewis, 21, of Lamborough Hill, Wootton, near Abingdon, admitted possessing cannabis, a Class B drug, in Wootton on January 28 and in Tubney on January 9. Given a 12-month conditional discharge and told to pay £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Istvan Bencze, 30, of Cheyney Walk, Abingdon, convicted of failing to give a driver’s identity to police as required on August 7 in Banbury. Fined £600 and told to pay £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Given six points on licence.
- Robert Dunbar, 46, of Danes Road, Bicester, convicted of speeding in Bucknell Road, Bicester, on July 13. Was driving at 35mph on a 30mph road. Fined £200 and told to pay £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Given three points on licence.
- Tomek Golanko, 21, of Ridgefield Road, Oxford, convicted of travelling on a train without paying a fare of £19.10 on July 22. Fined £400 and told to pay compensation of £19.10, victims’ surcharge of £15 and £105 costs.