Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Teen "could not remember" having sex due to drink and drugs, Old Bailey heard
A 14-YEAR-GIRL found out she had sex with 31-year-old man when police told her his DNA had been found in her knickers, the Old Bailey heard this morning.
The Oxford sex exploitation trial heard the girl was so "out of it" on drink and drugs she could not remember having sex with defendant Assad Hussain.
Nine men accused of running a child sex ring deny all 79 charges against them.
The unnamed witness known as Girl 5 claims she had sex with four of the defendants between January 2009 when she was 12 and January last year when she was 14.
The jury heard on Monday the teenager went missing in December 2011 and spent time with Mohammed Hussain, Assad Hussain, and Anjum Dogar, at the Nanford Guest House in Iffley Road.
She woke up naked in bed between Mohammed Hussain and a man called "Biggie" with no memory of what had happened after drinking and taking cocaine, the court heard.
Staff at her children's home handed her underwear to the police who found semen from Mohammed and Assad Hussain, the jury heard.
Mark George, defending Assad Hussain, told the court his client's number was stored in Girl 5's mobile phone under "Ash xxx".
He said the pair had exchanged 93 texts in six hours on one Saturday in October 2011 and 155 in under seven hours the following day. Hussain worked at Domino's Pizza at the time, the court heard.
Mr George said: "It's amazing he had any time to make any pizzas but it's an indication of how well you were getting on."
The witness denied ever talking to Assad Hussain about her age, adding: "I never tell anyone about my age." She also said she did not dress up "nicely" but wore track suit bottoms and jumpers.
Mr George, showing the jury a photograph of her wearing make-up, said it was "exactly" how she would look when going out in the Cowley area.
He asked her: "It makes you look a good deal older?" She said: "Yes".
And the witness agreed with Mr George when he suggested alcohol and drugs could have made her memory "foggy".
Eleanor Laws, defending Mohammed "Tayab" Hussain, told the court Girl 5 had told police he was her "darling" and a "real good friend".
Girl 5 claims to have had sex with Mohammed Hussain when she was 12 and he is charged with rape of a child because a person under 13 cannot legally consent to sex.
Miss Laws asked her: "You are not suggesting that Tayab ever forced you to do anything and that you were never frightened or intimidated by him?"
The teen replied: "No."
And Girl 5 admitted she had wanted people to think she was older than she was. She also said she thought Mohammed Hussain, now 24, was younger than he was.
The trial continues.
The accused all deny the charges. They are:
- Kamar Jamil, 27, of Aldrich Road, Summertown, Oxford, denies four rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, two of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and one of trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Akhtar Dogar, 32, of Tawney Street, East Oxford, denies six rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, three of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Anjum Dogar, 31, of Tawney Street, East Oxford, denies four rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, three of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Assad Hussain, 32, of Ashhurst Way, Rose Hill, Oxford, denies two charges of conspiracy to rape and three of sexual activity with a child.
- Mohammed Karrar, 38, of Kames Close, Cowley, Oxford, denies seven rapes, four charges of conspiracy to rape, an alternative charge of conspiracy to commit sexual activity with a child, two of trafficking for sexual exploitation, two of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, assault, conspiracy to assault, using an instrument to procure a miscarriage, and supplying a Class A drug to another.
- Bassam Karrar, 33, of Hundred Acres Close, Cowley, Oxford, denies three rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, two charges of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, trafficking for sexual exploitation, and conspiracy to assault.
- Mohammed Hussain, 24, of Horspath Road, Cowley, Oxford, denies rape, conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child, and two charges of sexual activity with a child.
- Zeeshan Ahmed, 27, of Palmer Road, Wood Farm, Oxford, denies two charges of conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child and two charges of sexual activity with a child.
- Bilal Ahmed, 26, of Suffolk Road, Maidenhead, denies conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child and sexual activity with a child.