Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Time running out to apply for Red Nose Day community cash
12:00pm Wednesday 6th March 2013 in News
TIME is running out for Oxfordshire community groups to apply for a share of £50,000 as part of the Red Nose Day Community Cash grant scheme.
Money raised for Red Nose Day benefits communities across the county as well as abroad. Grants of between £500 to £1,000 are available as a result of Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day 2013 celebrations on March 15.
To apply for a grant go to oxfordshire.org or call 01865 798 666 by Friday, March 15.
A panel run by the Oxfordshire Community Fund – including representatives from Comic Relief and the Oxford Mail – will then decide which projects will get cash.
Successful applicants will be contacted by the end of April.
Groups eligible to apply: For Red Nose Day Community Cash 2013 we have grants available ranging from £500 to £1,000.
The grants are available to community organisations, registered charities, social enterprises, co-operatives, faith organisations and community interest companies.
Groups which have been established for less than 12 months are eligible to apply.
Groups eligible to apply for Red Nose Day Community Cash grants need to:
- Be working in a disadvantaged or deprived area
- Be small local groups with an income of less than £100,000 run by local people
- Have limited access to other sources of income
Examples of the type of activities we will fund:
- Parent and toddler groups
- Dad and lads group
- Equipment and material for sport groups
- Community festivals
- Cross-generational work
- Sport tournaments and competition costs
- Lunch clubs
- Running costs for self-help groups
- Committee and volunteer/staff training
- Hire of sports facilities
Comments are closed on this article.