Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Two in court to deny carrying out rape in park
9:30am Tuesday 19th February 2013 in News
A WOMAN told a court how she “wanted to die” when she was raped in an Oxford park.
Two men have gone on trial charged with committing the offence in Bury Knowle Park, Headington, at about 11pm on Tuesday, September 11, last year.
Julio Dos-Santos, of Nightingale Avenue, Oxford, and Takudzwa Hunda, of Casterbridge Road, Swindon, have been charged with two counts of rape and two counts of a serious sexual assault.
They appeared at Oxford Crown Court yesterday on the first day of a trial that is due to last all week.
Ian Acheson, prosecuting, said the pair raped a 20-year-old woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, after a night out.
He said: “These two men took advantage of her, overpowered her and subjected her to a sexual assault and raped her.
“Each of these defendants agrees that the two of them went to the park, but they say whatever sexual activity they are accused of was consensual.
“The issue of consent is really at the heart of this case.”
He went on to say that Dos-Santos, 28, and Hunda, 26, met the woman in the White Horse pub, in Oxford.
They bought her drinks before leaving in Hunda’s car to go and buy vodka and then went to Bury Knowle Park, the court heard.
There the woman claims she was raped and sexually assaulted for around five minutes.
Giving evidence, she said: “I felt like I wanted to die.
“They were trying to kiss me – I was just shouting and crying.”
The trial continues.