Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Update: Flood Warnings in Oxfordshire on Boxing Day
RIVER warnings about flooding remain unchanged this morning, according to the Environment Agency.
The Flood Warnings in force this morning are:
- River Thames from Buscot Wick down to Shifford including Buscot, Kelmscott, Radcot, Lower Bampton area and Chimney Area
- River Thames between Newbridge and Kings Lock above Oxford including Northmoor, Stanton Harcourt, Bablock Hythe and caravan park, Eynsham, Swinford and Yarnton.
- River Thames and tributaries in the Binsey, Osney and Osney Island areas in Oxford
- River Thames and tributaries at New Botley, New and North Hinksey and Grandpont in Oxford
- River Thames and tributaries at Kennington near Oxford
- River Thames and tributaries at Sandford and Radley near Oxford
- River Thames from Days Lock down to South Stoke, including Dorchester-on-Thames and Overy, Shillingford, Benson, Wallingford, North Stoke and Moulsford
- River Thames at Culham
- River Thames in Abingdon
- River Cherwell from Lower Heyford down to Cherwell Bridge including Rousham, Enslow, Thrupp and Hampton Poyle
- River Cherwell at Oxford from Cherwell Bridge to the Thames confluence north of New Hinksey, including parts of Summertown, New Marston and Magdalen Bridge areas
- River Thame from Chiselhampton to Drayton St Leonard including Newington
- River Thame in the Dorchester and Overy areas
- River Windrush at Witney and Ducklington down to and including Hardwick
- Chalgrove Brook at Chalgrove and Stadhampton
Flood warnings means flooding is llikely so people and businesses near by need to take immediate precautions.
However, yesterday the Environment Agency told Oxfordshire County Council it had "no immediate concerns" about flooding. The two organisations will have a meeting to update the situation at 11am.
The weather forecast for Oxford from the Met Office has changed slightly. The organisation currently predicts light rain this afternoon, with a heavy rain shower mid-afternoon.
Heavy rain may return tomorrow mid-morning through to lunchtime. Friday may see light rain in the afternoon and evening, while Saturday morning will see heavy rain again.
On the roads front, the council was still listing the following at 7am:
- Clifton Hampden - Long Wittenham
- Ascott Under Wychwood – Chipping Norton Hill
- Islip – Lower Street
- Hook Norton – Sibford Rd
- Drayton St Leonard – Stadhampton
- Witney – Footpath from Woodford Mill to Hailey Rd
Other roads of note with flood boards out
- B478 Sonning Bridge
- A417 Challow
- B4022 at Hailey
- Main Road in North Newington
- Fox Lane in Wootton, near Abingdon
- Witheridge Hill in Stoke Row
- Oxford Road, Horspath
- B4020 Shilton Road, Burford
- B4000 south of Watchfield and Lower Road in Eynsham.
If you've got any pictures of flooding, please email them to our Picturedesk.
Comments are closed on this article.