Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
The Scales of Justice
8:00pm Monday 3rd December 2012 in News
- Matthew Daglish, 23, of Keene Close, Sandford-on-Thames, admitted possession of cannabis in Abingdon on September 8. Fined £135, £15 victims’ surcharge and £80 costs.
- Jakub Szwed, 25, of Ock Mews, Abingdon, admitted drink-driving in Abbott Road, Abingdon, on October 10. Had 87 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath, above the legal limit of 35 micrograms. Fined £295, £30 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Banned from driving for 20 months.
- Lisa Griffiths, 24, of The Lees, Faringdon, admitted driving while disqualified in Goodlake Avenue, Faringdon, on September 18. Handed a 12-week prison sentence suspended for 12 months and banned from driving for 12 months. Told to pay £85 costs.
- Oliver Mercer, 22, of West Hill, Wantage, admitted possessing a joint of cannabis in Abingdon on September 15. Fined £100, £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Matthew Bray, 34, admitted assault by beating in Oxford on August 18. Community order made with a three-month curfew. Told to pay £100 compensation and £85 costs.
- Joshua Bedford, 24, of Milton Road, Sutton Courtenay, admitted being drunk and disorderly in Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, on September 21. Fined £35 and a £15 victims’ surcharge.
- James Paine, 31, of Thorney Leys, Witney, admitted possession of an imitation firearm in Fettiplace Road, Witney, on August 22. Fined £100. Also admitted criminal damage to satellite dish cables in Thorney Leys, Witney, on October 24. Discharged conditionally for 12 months, told to pay £50 compensation and a £15 victims’ surcharge.
- James Taylor, 23, of Oxford Road, Banbury, admitted possession of cannabis in Calthorpe Road, Banbury on August 14. Fined £100, £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Hamid Hussain, 26, of Howard Street, Oxford, admitted possessing 27.4g of cannabis in Oxford on April 3. Fined £660, £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Thomas Lillis, 68, of Cowley Road, Oxford, admitted harassment in Oxford between October 12 and 14, 2011. Community order made with a three-month curfew requirement. A restraining order also made.
- Alexander Vicarage, 19, of Brandon Close, Kidlington, admitted possession of cannabis in Kidlington, on June 25. Handed a three-month conditional discharge and told to pay £100 costs.
- Adam Nash, 34, of Wood Farm Road, Oxford, admitted shoplifting two memory cards worth £180 from Jessops in Market Place, Abingdon, on April 10. Ordered to do 180 hours of unpaid community work in the next 12 months and to pay £90 compensation.
- John Mundy, 46, of Lake Street, Oxford, admitted using racially aggravated words with intent to cause harassment, alarm or distress, in Oxford on May 9. Fined £180 and a £15 victims’ surcharge.
- Rebecca Walker, 28, of Lower Ground, Greater Leys, Oxford, admitted assaulting detention officer Sara McDonald and PS 3366 Shaw in Oxford on April 16. Community order made with an eight-week curfew order. Told to pay £175 costs.
- Robin Hodgson, 59, of Albion Place, Oxford, convicted of assault by beating and criminal damage to a bicycle in Abingdon Road, Oxford, on June 26. Fined £100, £30 compensation, £15 victims’ surcharge and £200 costs.
- Alan Brown, 57, of Noke, Oxford, guilty of driving while using a mobile phone on the A34 by Abingdon on May 4. Fined £60, £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Jamie Kenny, 24, of Emperor Gardens, Oxford, admitted possession of cannabis in Emperor Gardens, Oxford, on September 24. Given a six-month conditional discharge and told to pay £85 costs.
- Michael Elphick, 28, of Saxon Place, Wantage, admitted shoplifting alcohol worth £4.18 from BP service station in Milton Heights on September 27. Handed a 12-month conditional discharge, told to pay £4.18 compensation and £85 costs.
- Clair Richardson, 39, of Hart Street, Oxford, admitted shoplifting food worth £14.94 from Tesco on October 4. Fined £36, £20 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.