Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Flooding update: Eighteen rivers and streams on Flood Alert
PEOPLE living near 18 rivers and brooks in Oxfordshire were tonight being warned they may face flooding.
Following a day of heavy rain, the Environment Agency has put the following rivers on Flood Alert.
- River Cherwell from Charwelton to just above Upper Heyford
- River Cherwell from Lower Heyford down to and including Oxford
- River Thame from Marsworth to Dorchester including Long Marston, Rowsham, North Aylesbury, Cuddington, Thame, Shabbington, Ickford, Waterperry, Cuddesdon, Wheatley, Quarrendon, Drayton St Leonard, Overy
- Chalgrove Brook at Chalgrove and Stadhampton
- River Thames and its tributaries from Days Lock to above Pangbourne
- River Thames and tributaries from Buscot Wick down to Kings Lock
- River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon
- Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney
- Clanfield Brook for Clanfield Village
- Shill Brook for Bampton
- Sor Brook and The Bloxham Brook and their tributaries
- River Evenlode from Moreton in Marsh to Cassington
- River Glyme at Wootton and Woodstock
- Ginge Brook for the Steventon area down to and including Sutton Courtenay
- River Ray and its tributaries from Shipton Lee to and including Islip
- Langford and Wendlebury Brooks from Stratton Audley down to near Merton, including Bicester and Wendlebury
Flood alerts are where the agency fears the river may break its banks.