Report this comment
  • "Why are comments not allowed on the other article? The "Fire chief issues smoke alarm warning" one?

    Aside from remote controlled toy vehicles, I cannot think of any remote control that require 9v batteries. TV remotes use AA or AAA batteries.

    Maybe if the fire service were that concerned, they would specify that every house must have a hardwired smoke/heat detection units with battery back-up. After all Oxford **** Council demands this in all HMOs, even those which are essentially two bedroomed houses.

    Furthermore, I think Newsquest Oxford should show some consistency and turn the comments system off altogether as we often can't comment on the stuff that matters, yet other stuff is filled with useless comments."
  • This field is mandatory
  • This field is mandatory
  • Please note we will not accept reports with HTML tags or URLs in them.


  • Enter the above word in the box below

Man suffers inhalation after fire starts in a dishwasher

Man suffers inhalation after fire starts in a dishwasher

First published in News

A MAN who escaped an Abingdon house fire early this morning was treated by medics for smoke inhalation.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to the blaze in Welford Gardens at 1.17am today.

It is understood the fire was caused by a dishwasher and the occupants were alerted by a smoke alarm.

Local Businesses

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree