Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Worcester (House of Commons)
Mr Robin Walker MP (Conservative)
Surgery: The Guildhall
Surgery Tel: 01905 22401
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 2,982 Born - 1978.
Education - Balliol College, Oxford (scholarship in Ancient and Modern History).
Previous Occupation - Business Advisor on communications with the press and the financial community.
Personal Overview - Won the seat in 2010 formerly held by his father Peter Walker (MP 1961-92) and has been involved in politics from an early age. After founding his own business on leaving University he then went on to work as a business advisor, focusing on advising Chief Executives and Finance Directors of leading industrial companies on their communications with the press and the financial community. His political experience includes campaigning for several Conservative members of Parliament, including the Secretary of State for Health, Stephen Dorrell in 1997 and for Richard Adams, the Conservative Candidate for Worcester in 2001. He also served as a press officer for Oliver Letwin, the then Shadow Chancellor, in 2005. Bearing in mind his family and local connections with the seat, he is likely to remain aware of local issues and to be keen to promote the City.
Political History - MP Worcester (2010-). Member of the Welsh Affairs Select Committee (2011-). Member of the Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (2012-).
Characteristics - Supports the Worcestershire County Cricket Club and Worcester Warriors Rugby Club.
Business Tel: 020 7219 3000
- Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (Member)
- Welsh Affairs Committee (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on the Arch Cru Investment Scheme (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Cancer (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Education Governance and Leadership (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Hospice and Palliative Care (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Intelligent Energy (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Combating Metal Theft (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Regeneration through Innovation (Treasurer)
- Renewable and Sustainable Energy Group (Associate Group) (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Trade and Investment (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Trade out of Poverty (Secretary)
- War Heritage Group (Member)
- British-Argentine Group (Chairman)
- Zambia and Malawi Group (Member)
West Midlands (European Parliament)
Ms Anthea McIntyre MEP (Conservative)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 29/06/1954 Married (to Frank Myers MBE).
Education - Queens College.
Previous Occupation - Joined MCP Systems consultants as a trainee (1985). Partner in MCP Consultants (1991-), an independent consultancy specialising in business intelligence systems. Partner in Wythall Estate, a family small-holding enterprise.
Personal Overview - An experienced political campaigner who entered the European Parliament in December 2011 after an additional UK seat had been created following the Lisbon Treaty. She had previously stood for election to the European Parliament in 2009 She has a successful business background and has managed large international projects for large companies such as IBM, 3M and GEC in the UK and Europe. Was notable as being the youngest County Councillor in England in 1977 when elected to Hereford and Worcester County Council. She has also been an Ambassador for the Federation of Small Business Real Life Entrepreneur Campaign and is a former FSB County Secretary.
Political History - Councillor, Hereford and Worcester County Council (1977-85). Regional Chairman of the 1999 European Election campaign. General Election Candidate for Warley West (1983), Redditch (1997), Shrewsbury and Atcham (2001). MEP West Midlands Region (2011-). Conservative Employment Spokesman (2012-).
Other Information - Won the European Woman of Achievement Award for Business. Has been Chair of the Herefordshire Conservative Business Forum She is a Sunday School Teacher. Her family have lived in Wythall in Herefordshire since 1520. She has an interest in wildlife photography.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: +32 (0)2 28 45106
Interests: Agriculture,Business & Finance
- Agriculture & Rural Development (Substitute)
- Civil Liberties, Justice & Home Affairs (Member)
- Employment & Social Affairs (Substitute)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org