What did you think?
I thought that it was great.
I love the way that they are bringing the American diner theme back, so it is like a great big service station because you can get your car washed at the same time.
What did you have?
I rose to the challenge and had The Empire State Burger (£25) which is three beef patties, six strips of crisp bacon, and three slices of Monterey Jack cheese, pulled pork and also some fried meatloaf.
Served with a side of fries, onion rings or salad. I washed it down with a £3 milkshake – Hershey’s Chocolate (chocolate ice cream and Hershey’s chocolate topped with whipped cream and flakes of chocolate) which was amazing.
What was it like?
The burger was really filling and while I like a challenge, I’d definitely bitten off more than I could chew!
It was really nice though – the bacon was crispy, the onion rings were on top of the burger which added a lot of bite to it. It was a great meal and a massive meat feast was just what I needed.
Who did you go with and what did they have?
I went with my brother and he had the Banoffee Ripple shake and the £10 Half Rack Of Ribs with fries and slaw, which was surprisingly big as well.
He loved it because it had sweet barbeque sauce and the meat was super juicy and just waiting to come off the bone.
Mrks out of ten?
I give it eight because the burger was amazing but some of the fillings weren’t as good – such as the pulled pork and the coleslaw.
Would you take a girl on a date there?
Only if you’ve got a car...
Would you go again?
Chariots and Cherry Pie, Buckland, near Faringdon, off the A420.
Call 0333 1210066 chariotsandcherrypie.co.uk
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- It must be spring if The Fishes has got asparagus on the menu
- Hoops donuts opens in Banbury
- Introducing the new Brunching Barber - starting of at St Giles Cafe.
- Eggs Etectera on Botley Road might be casualty of Waitrose but it is fighting back with a new neighbourhood sandwich, bread and paper store Country Grains
- Wee Cafe in Chinnor challenges bladder cancer in a new way