Group A leaders Didcot Conservative Club completed their Oxford Summer League season with a 5-1 home win over West Oxford Democrats Club, but they will have to wait to see if they will be champions, writes PETE EWINS.
Didcot finished with 27 points, and they will be keeping a close eye on Vikings Club (23½pts), who require four points at home to Berinsfield tonight to snatch the title form their grasp.
Vikings kept the hopes alive with a 4-2 win at Masons.
The match stood at 2-2 when Lewis Stratford (6,930) and Mike Jones (6,410) took the last two games to give Vikings victory.
Berinsfield (20½pts), meanwhile, need five points to finish runners-up.
In a Group B title decider, Blectchington Club (25pts), who drew 3-3 at Gladiators Club B, entertain leaders Marlborough Club B (26pts).
Gladiators Club A signed off with a 4-2 win at Marlborough Club A.
Adam Ingram was top scorer for the home side with 6,790, while Jenny Webb and Bob Pincombe won both their legs for Gladiators.
Vikings v Berinsfield, West Oxford Democrats v Masons, Gladiators A v Gladiators B, Bletchington v Marlborough B.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny delighted to send Oxford United to Wembley on a high
- Oxford United fans breathe sigh of relief as goalkeeper Simon Eastwood plays on
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy's double puts Berinsfield in North Berks League Cup final
- FOOTBALL: Liam Godin hits four-timer as KEA reach Junior Shield final
- FOOTBALL: Olly Bush strikes a brace to lead Carterton into the last four
- FOOTBALL: Spot-on Jamie Cook seals dramatic win for North Leigh
- GIRLS FOOTBALL: Oxford City Under 13s clinch league title
- FOOTBALL: Harry Benfield guides Abingdon Youth to Under 15 KO Trophy glory
- FOOTBALL: Kyle Chester in top form as Carterton beat Didcot Town Youth Red
- Oxford United 5 (Johnson 11, Rothwell 35, McAleny 39, 49 & 90+5), Bury 1 (Vaughan 58)