Oxford City & County’s Katherine Hawes has been selected for the England Women’s Senior International Trial at Victoria Park, Royal Leamington Spa on Saturday, September 20.
Banbury Central’s Carole Galletly is a travelling reserve.
OXFORDSHIRE Ladies were beaten 113-104 in their final Middle England League match against Cambridgeshire at Irchester BC, near Wellingborough.
Oxon lost on five of the six rinks, but Pat Ostler’s emphatic 30-10 win kept them in touch.
Cambridgeshire 113, Oxfordshire 104 (Cambridgeshire skips first): D Smith 19, S Rogers 12; H Wright 21, C Nall 16; C Ritchie 22, S Gokgor 14; S Alexander 18, J Berry 17; P Ayres 23, W Cross 15; C Hollingsworth 10, P Ostler 30.
THE rearranged Oxfordshire Ladies county pairs, triples and Under 25 singles final take place at Oxford City & County on Sunday.
Under 25 singles (10am): K Glenn v A Stone.
Pairs (10am): M Lewis & G Gilkes v C Galletly & C Campion.
Triples (2pm): D Knight, G Gilkes, K Hawes v S Mayo, M Lewis, J Berry.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1
- FOOTBALL: Mick Conmy wins top honour at Oxfordshire FA awards
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League