JAMES Bolton added another title to his impressive collection with victory at the Headington 5.
Bolton (Woodstock Harriers) completed the five-mile road race in 26mins 6secs to finish 13 seconds clear of runner-up Andrew Inskip (Bedford & County).
Simeon Greenwood (Gateshead Harriers) was third in 27.24.
The vet 40 athlete increased his lead in the Oxfordshire AA Road Race Grand Prix standings as a result and now seems almost certain to retain his title.
Diane Moore (Headington Road Runners) edged out Belgrave Harriers’ Sophie Carter, from Woodstock, for the ladies’ crown.
Moore clocked 28.49 to Carter’s 28.56, while Jenny McBain (Alchester) was third in 30.09.
FIONA Bunn was the first under 17 lady in the Junior Home International fell running trial at Sedbergh.
The Abingdon AC member clocked 18mins 9secs to qualify for the England team to race in Ireland in three weeks’ time.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships