JAMES Bolton added another title to his impressive collection with victory at the Headington 5.
Bolton (Woodstock Harriers) completed the five-mile road race in 26mins 6secs to finish 13 seconds clear of runner-up Andrew Inskip (Bedford & County).
Simeon Greenwood (Gateshead Harriers) was third in 27.24.
The vet 40 athlete increased his lead in the Oxfordshire AA Road Race Grand Prix standings as a result and now seems almost certain to retain his title.
Diane Moore (Headington Road Runners) edged out Belgrave Harriers’ Sophie Carter, from Woodstock, for the ladies’ crown.
Moore clocked 28.49 to Carter’s 28.56, while Jenny McBain (Alchester) was third in 30.09.
FIONA Bunn was the first under 17 lady in the Junior Home International fell running trial at Sedbergh.
The Abingdon AC member clocked 18mins 9secs to qualify for the England team to race in Ireland in three weeks’ time.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell clinches US Open spot after superb qualifying display
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- Oxford United denied cash boost from Kemar Roofe transfer after Leeds United's failure to make play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire clinch first Twickenham win after dramatic finale
- RESULTS: May 27-28
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League reports
- MOTORSPORT: Haas and Williams in the points at Monaco Grand Prix
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player