JAMES Bolton added another title to his impressive collection with victory at the Headington 5.
Bolton (Woodstock Harriers) completed the five-mile road race in 26mins 6secs to finish 13 seconds clear of runner-up Andrew Inskip (Bedford & County).
Simeon Greenwood (Gateshead Harriers) was third in 27.24.
The vet 40 athlete increased his lead in the Oxfordshire AA Road Race Grand Prix standings as a result and now seems almost certain to retain his title.
Diane Moore (Headington Road Runners) edged out Belgrave Harriers’ Sophie Carter, from Woodstock, for the ladies’ crown.
Moore clocked 28.49 to Carter’s 28.56, while Jenny McBain (Alchester) was third in 30.09.
FIONA Bunn was the first under 17 lady in the Junior Home International fell running trial at Sedbergh.
The Abingdon AC member clocked 18mins 9secs to qualify for the England team to race in Ireland in three weeks’ time.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow