Reigning champions Oakley United opened the defence of their Oxfordshire Senior League Premier Division crown with a 2-0 win at Adderbury Park on Saturday.
The visitors took the lead in the 35th minute when Ben Gray headed back across goal and over Mark Wellstood into the net.
Oakley doubled their advantage in the second half, with some neat build up play slicing Adderbury open for Nick Gurney to side-foot home.
It was Adderbury’s second home defeat in the space of three days after Eynsham came from behind to post a 2-1 win on Wednesday.
Josh Bowden went past the last defender and drew the goalkeeper, before slotting Adderbury into a half-time lead.
But Ross Lewington and Chris Clarke netted for Eynsham after the break.
Back on Saturday, Lewis Mitchell bagged a brace in Broughton & North Newington’s 4-2 win at Launton Sports.
Broughton fell behind after 20 minutes when Mark Scanes scored from close range after great work by Micky Davenport, who drew the keeper before squaring the ball.
However, Mitchell equal-ised before half-time, and Broughton dominated the second half with Ryan Eyre, James Hastie scoring, before Mitchell completed his brace.
Joe Deery pulled one back from the penalty spot.
Marston Saints hit Hors-path with a three-goal salvo in the first half to set up a 3-2 home victory.
Rhys Veal opened the scoring with a cracking 25-yard strike into the top corner.
And before Horspath had the chance to recover, Josh Carr fired home a low drive and another debutant, Ben Crawford, steered home from inside the six-yard box.
Horspath pulled a goal back 15 minutes from time when Tom Chase scored a penalty after Jay Hill was brought down by the keeper.
Horspath substitute Seb Warner made it a nervous last eight minutes for Marston when he slid in at the far post to make it 3-2, but the hosts held out.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United striker James Roberts joins Stalybridge Celtic on loan
- Oxford United boss delivers Wembley warning to his players ahead of Chesterfield trip
- Time for Oxford United to take big chance and make our mark – Michael Appleton
- I've been a nightmare to live with, says Oxford United defender Joe Skarz
- Wes Thomas keeps his spirits up on long road to Oxford United recovery
- Gary Caldwell: Flexible Chesterfield are a threat to Oxford United
- From the boardroom column: Oxford United are making waves across the world
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington reveal ground renovation plans
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses fourth halfway cut in a row
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins out to maintain their great escape bid