Great & Little Tew enjoyed a confidence-boosting 74-run win at Cove in Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2 ahead of their Davidstow Village Cup final trip to Lord’s next Sunday.
It was a real team effort from Andy Harris’s side, who face Woodhouse Grange at cricket’s headquarters, as they climbed a place up the table to seventh.
Tew made 202-9 off their 50 overs after electing to bat first.
Harry Smith top-scored with 39, while Ashley Hubbert made 36 as most of the Tew batsmen got in without any of them going on to play a dominant innings.
Tew then made a terrific start with the ball, reducing Cove to 11-3.
There was no way back from that point for the hosts, and they were finally all out for 128 off 46.2 overs, with Najeeb Malik (36) top-scoring.
Ian Bryan led the way for Tew with 3-36, before Joe White (3-11) polished off the tail.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Oxford United to discover EFL Trophy opponents in draw tomorrow
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley