Great & Little Tew enjoyed a confidence-boosting 74-run win at Cove in Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2 ahead of their Davidstow Village Cup final trip to Lord’s next Sunday.
It was a real team effort from Andy Harris’s side, who face Woodhouse Grange at cricket’s headquarters, as they climbed a place up the table to seventh.
Tew made 202-9 off their 50 overs after electing to bat first.
Harry Smith top-scored with 39, while Ashley Hubbert made 36 as most of the Tew batsmen got in without any of them going on to play a dominant innings.
Tew then made a terrific start with the ball, reducing Cove to 11-3.
There was no way back from that point for the hosts, and they were finally all out for 128 off 46.2 overs, with Najeeb Malik (36) top-scoring.
Ian Bryan led the way for Tew with 3-36, before Joe White (3-11) polished off the tail.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights
- RUGBY UNION: Victory for Bicester, but Gosford All Blacks and Wallingford lose out
- DARTS: Deta Hedman back for Oxfordshire's match in Gwent
- MOTORSPORT: Witney driver James Hall lightens load ahead of rally season