Great & Little Tew enjoyed a confidence-boosting 74-run win at Cove in Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2 ahead of their Davidstow Village Cup final trip to Lord’s next Sunday.
It was a real team effort from Andy Harris’s side, who face Woodhouse Grange at cricket’s headquarters, as they climbed a place up the table to seventh.
Tew made 202-9 off their 50 overs after electing to bat first.
Harry Smith top-scored with 39, while Ashley Hubbert made 36 as most of the Tew batsmen got in without any of them going on to play a dominant innings.
Tew then made a terrific start with the ball, reducing Cove to 11-3.
There was no way back from that point for the hosts, and they were finally all out for 128 off 46.2 overs, with Najeeb Malik (36) top-scoring.
Ian Bryan led the way for Tew with 3-36, before Joe White (3-11) polished off the tail.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- CRICKET: Banbury skipper Lloyd Sabin excited to take on Division 1 champions High Wycombe
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 50s B get off to flying start in County Championship
- Tennis fever sweeps Oxfordshire as Davis Cup comes to Abingdon
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Steady first round from Eddie Pepperell at Wentworth
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell looking forward to Wentworth
- BOWLS: Tidball's last shot earns South Oxford thrilling victory