JOSH Ruffels is hoping Oxford United get a change of fortune as they attempt to get off the mark tomorrow.
And if there is any team who owe the U’s some luck it’s visitors Dagenham & Redbridge.
The Londoners won 1-0 when the sides met at Victoria Road in March, thanks to an unbelievable own goal.
Luke Howell’s 89th-minute shot struck Michael Raynes and Matt Bevans 20 yards out and looped over goalkeeper Ryan Clarke.
United have seen some key decisions go against them this season and Ruffels admitted they are due a boost, particularly from the Daggers.
He said: “The way we play won’t change, we’re sticking to our style and we just need a bit of luck and rub of the green.
“The goal at their place summed it up really, hopefully they can give us an own goal, that would be nice.
“Some teams make a great season out of things like that.
“Hopefully we can get that bit of luck to get the win.”
- See the goal for yourself, with highlights from the game via Oxford United's Youtube channel
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest United news:
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule