The Londoners go into the game 14 places above the U’s after back-to-back 2-0 wins against Hartlepool United and Mansfield Town.
Burnett has been pleased with the way the Daggers have started the campaign, but the scouting reports he has received on United mean the visitors will not be complacent.
He said: “The results have not been too far away, but what has been good is that we’ve had two clean sheets as well going into the Oxford game.
“Oxford will be tough and their position in the table isn’t a fair reflection on how they’ve performed.
“We have had them watched twice by someone and from what I’ve seen and heard they have played well in all the games, but unfortunately they haven’t had a goalscorer to take any of their opportunities.”
And Burnett believes United’s new signing Will Hoskins makes his job harder.
He said: “They’ve seen what their problems have been and they’ve addressed that with the signing of Will Hoskins, who is a very good player for this level so I am sure we will be in for a tough game.
“They showed how good they were to push West Brom all the way in the week and we are under no illusions at how tough it is going to be.”
Dagenham’s squad includes former United full back Damian Batt, but he may be denied a return tomorrow.
The 29-year-old picked up a minor injury in the eventful 6-6 draw against Brentford in the Capital One Cup first round tie, which they lost on penalties.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest United news:
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- I expect to score for Oxford United despite left-field switch – Ryan Taylor