Fleet Tn 2
(Carr 30, J White 74)
North Leigh 2
(Caton 25, Hole 32)
North Leigh twice let slip the lead as they drew at Fleet Town in Southern League Division 1 South & West on Saturday.
However, in the end, Mark Gee’s side were grateful for a point after being forced to hold on in the latter stages.
Fleet started brightly, but gradually the Millers got a grip on the game and went ahead on 25 minutes when a corner wasn’t cleared and Elliott Osborne-Ricketts returned the ball back into the box where Andy Caton fired home from five yards.
The hosts drew level five minutes later when Rob Carr drove in a shot which took a wicked deflection to beat North Leigh keeper Matt Bulman.
The visitors went back in front almost straight from the kick-off.
Morgan Williams was fouled on the edge of the Fleet box and skipper Stuart Hole curled the free-kick into the top corner of the net.
Caton cleared off the line early in the second half, but the hosts were on top and drew level when Jack White slotted home Carr’s cross with 16 minutes remaining.
Both sides had chances, with the two goalkeepers each making good saves, but a draw was a fair result.
North Leigh: Bulman, Else, Hopkins (M Woodley 81), Hole, Gunn, Caton, A Woodley (Turk 75), McNish, Williams, Sanders, Osborne-Ricketts. Subs not used: Ingram, Bowles.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat
- FOOTBALL: Lewis Gabbidon lands double honour at Kidlington presentation night
- GOLF: Superb Adam Wootton wins CK Group PGA Kent Open Championship
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list