Fleet Tn 2
(Carr 30, J White 74)
North Leigh 2
(Caton 25, Hole 32)
North Leigh twice let slip the lead as they drew at Fleet Town in Southern League Division 1 South & West on Saturday.
However, in the end, Mark Gee’s side were grateful for a point after being forced to hold on in the latter stages.
Fleet started brightly, but gradually the Millers got a grip on the game and went ahead on 25 minutes when a corner wasn’t cleared and Elliott Osborne-Ricketts returned the ball back into the box where Andy Caton fired home from five yards.
The hosts drew level five minutes later when Rob Carr drove in a shot which took a wicked deflection to beat North Leigh keeper Matt Bulman.
The visitors went back in front almost straight from the kick-off.
Morgan Williams was fouled on the edge of the Fleet box and skipper Stuart Hole curled the free-kick into the top corner of the net.
Caton cleared off the line early in the second half, but the hosts were on top and drew level when Jack White slotted home Carr’s cross with 16 minutes remaining.
Both sides had chances, with the two goalkeepers each making good saves, but a draw was a fair result.
North Leigh: Bulman, Else, Hopkins (M Woodley 81), Hole, Gunn, Caton, A Woodley (Turk 75), McNish, Williams, Sanders, Osborne-Ricketts. Subs not used: Ingram, Bowles.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Jordan Evans stays on at Oxford United to give support in final test
- Oxford United will monitor rivals' scores in final day showdown
- Danny Hylton happy to wait on contract talks until Oxford United's future is decided
- Composure will be key for Oxford United in sprint for the finish, says Michael Appleton
- Gareth Ainsworth aiming for Wycombe to make more memories at Oxford United's expense
- Michael Appleton puts faith in Oxford United injured players to make right call
- Kemar Roofe on a mission to make Oxford United starting line-up
- Oxford United goalkeeper Benji Buchel ready for Wycombe bombardment
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton returns to the saddle at Kingston Blount
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire youngsters reach national finals after dramatic shoot-out