HANNAH England said she was satisfied with her seventh-place finish in Birmingham yesterday, despite being out of her comfort zone.
The Oxford City athlete, who reached the finals of the Commonwealth Games and European Championship 1500m events, was running over the shorter 800m distance.
And although she was well behind race winner Lynsey Sharp, England was happy.
“I was really hurting with 300m left as I am not used to going through at that pace, but I am glad I gave it a go,” she said.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United
- Oxford United fortunate to not concede penalty, says Carlisle United boss Keith Curle
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny
- Carlisle United 0, Oxford United 2 (Maguire pen 4, Sercombe 73)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Carlisle?
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title