HANNAH England said she was satisfied with her seventh-place finish in Birmingham yesterday, despite being out of her comfort zone.
The Oxford City athlete, who reached the finals of the Commonwealth Games and European Championship 1500m events, was running over the shorter 800m distance.
And although she was well behind race winner Lynsey Sharp, England was happy.
“I was really hurting with 300m left as I am not used to going through at that pace, but I am glad I gave it a go,” she said.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights
- RUGBY UNION: Victory for Bicester, but Gosford All Blacks and Wallingford lose out
- DARTS: Deta Hedman back for Oxfordshire's match in Gwent