ABINGDON’S Eddie Pepperell followed up his highest European Tour finish with another top-five position in Prague yesterday.
The Frilford Heath member came fourth in the Made In Denmark tournament seven days ago and was full of confidence heading to the Czech Republic.
Pepperell hit eight birdies in a final round five-under-par 67 to tie with Tommy Fleetwood for fifth, and pocket just over £30,000 on an eight-under-par total of 280.
One of the highlights of Pepperell’s round was a huge putt at the 17th to save par.
Jamie Donaldson won the event on 14 under par to book his place in Europe’s Ryder Cup team.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe – changing roles is part of Oxford United adapting to life at the higher level
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United must improve against League One's route one merchants
- Millwall result will determine Oxford United mood for next fortnight, says captain John Lundstram
- Oxford United boss issues warning over dangerous Millwall strikers
- Millwall manager Neil Harris full of respect for 'attack-minded' Oxford United
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- OxVox column: How I ended up building a network of exiles
- FOOTBALL: Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to deliver without suspended captain Scott Davies
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins and Banbury ready to lock horns in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Wantage Town eye good end to tough week ahead of FA Trophy tie at Weymouth