ABINGDON’S Eddie Pepperell followed up his highest European Tour finish with another top-five position in Prague yesterday.
The Frilford Heath member came fourth in the Made In Denmark tournament seven days ago and was full of confidence heading to the Czech Republic.
Pepperell hit eight birdies in a final round five-under-par 67 to tie with Tommy Fleetwood for fifth, and pocket just over £30,000 on an eight-under-par total of 280.
One of the highlights of Pepperell’s round was a huge putt at the 17th to save par.
Jamie Donaldson won the event on 14 under par to book his place in Europe’s Ryder Cup team.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Kane Hemmings eyeing big push from Oxford United
- ANGLING: Martin Phipps leaves rivals in the cold
- TRAMPOLINING: Windrush Valley girls land regional team crown
- GYMNASTICS: Abingdon's Lili-Mae Snuggs claims top-ten spots in national championships
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A go top of Oxford League after victory over Green Road A
- TABLE TENNIS: Chris Smith's epic victory give Forum victory over Vikings
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Rob Hall eyes final fitness milestone in Oxford United's clash with Oldham Athletic
- Young Oxford United squad need me to be an assertive leader – Michael Appleton
- Oldham Athletic skipper calls for FA Cup response at Oxford United