ABINGDON’S Eddie Pepperell followed up his highest European Tour finish with another top-five position in Prague yesterday.
The Frilford Heath member came fourth in the Made In Denmark tournament seven days ago and was full of confidence heading to the Czech Republic.
Pepperell hit eight birdies in a final round five-under-par 67 to tie with Tommy Fleetwood for fifth, and pocket just over £30,000 on an eight-under-par total of 280.
One of the highlights of Pepperell’s round was a huge putt at the 17th to save par.
Jamie Donaldson won the event on 14 under par to book his place in Europe’s Ryder Cup team.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow