ABINGDON’S Eddie Pepperell followed up his highest European Tour finish with another top-five position in Prague yesterday.
The Frilford Heath member came fourth in the Made In Denmark tournament seven days ago and was full of confidence heading to the Czech Republic.
Pepperell hit eight birdies in a final round five-under-par 67 to tie with Tommy Fleetwood for fifth, and pocket just over £30,000 on an eight-under-par total of 280.
One of the highlights of Pepperell’s round was a huge putt at the 17th to save par.
Jamie Donaldson won the event on 14 under par to book his place in Europe’s Ryder Cup team.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat
- FOOTBALL: Lewis Gabbidon lands double honour at Kidlington presentation night
- GOLF: Superb Adam Wootton wins CK Group PGA Kent Open Championship
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list