ABINGDON’S Eddie Pepperell followed up his highest European Tour finish with another top-five position in Prague yesterday.
The Frilford Heath member came fourth in the Made In Denmark tournament seven days ago and was full of confidence heading to the Czech Republic.
Pepperell hit eight birdies in a final round five-under-par 67 to tie with Tommy Fleetwood for fifth, and pocket just over £30,000 on an eight-under-par total of 280.
One of the highlights of Pepperell’s round was a huge putt at the 17th to save par.
Jamie Donaldson won the event on 14 under par to book his place in Europe’s Ryder Cup team.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1
- FOOTBALL: Mick Conmy wins top honour at Oxfordshire FA awards
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League