ABINGDON’S Eddie Pepperell followed up his highest European Tour finish with another top-five position in Prague yesterday.
The Frilford Heath member came fourth in the Made In Denmark tournament seven days ago and was full of confidence heading to the Czech Republic.
Pepperell hit eight birdies in a final round five-under-par 67 to tie with Tommy Fleetwood for fifth, and pocket just over £30,000 on an eight-under-par total of 280.
One of the highlights of Pepperell’s round was a huge putt at the 17th to save par.
Jamie Donaldson won the event on 14 under par to book his place in Europe’s Ryder Cup team.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- Banbury United forced to settle for draw at Weymouth as hosts hit back
- Oxford United to face Bradford City in last eight of Checkatrade Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights