ABINGDON’S Eddie Pepperell followed up his highest European Tour finish with another top-five position in Prague yesterday.
The Frilford Heath member came fourth in the Made In Denmark tournament seven days ago and was full of confidence heading to the Czech Republic.
Pepperell hit eight birdies in a final round five-under-par 67 to tie with Tommy Fleetwood for fifth, and pocket just over £30,000 on an eight-under-par total of 280.
One of the highlights of Pepperell’s round was a huge putt at the 17th to save par.
Jamie Donaldson won the event on 14 under par to book his place in Europe’s Ryder Cup team.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton not ruling out a Ryan Ledson enquiry to Everton
- Andy Triggs Hodge bows out on a high to concentrate on family
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints smash Cornish Sharks to land play-off semi-final slot
- CRICKET: Sussex paceman Tymal Mills given green light to play for Oxfordshire
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Jade O'Dowda sets sights on Tokyo 2020 Olympics after defending national heptathlon title
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire captain Luke Ryan reflects on testing minor counties campaign
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire paceman Chad Keegan retires
- RACING: Hughie Morrison delighted after Nearly Caught triumphs in France
- BAR BILLIARDS: Bletchingdon beat Gladiators for first win of season
- BOWLS: Alan Ley leads Oxfordshire to tight win over Buckinghamshire