ABINGDON’S Eddie Pepperell followed up his highest European Tour finish with another top-five position in Prague yesterday.
The Frilford Heath member came fourth in the Made In Denmark tournament seven days ago and was full of confidence heading to the Czech Republic.
Pepperell hit eight birdies in a final round five-under-par 67 to tie with Tommy Fleetwood for fifth, and pocket just over £30,000 on an eight-under-par total of 280.
One of the highlights of Pepperell’s round was a huge putt at the 17th to save par.
Jamie Donaldson won the event on 14 under par to book his place in Europe’s Ryder Cup team.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- BRADLEY SMITH COLUMN: I'm so excited about big challenge ahead of new MotoGP season
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton backs young guns to reach the top if they keep learning
- BAR BILLIARDS: Berinsfield stun Masons in Oxford League
- MOTOR RACING: Lance Stroll stays calm ahead of his Formula debut in Melbourne
- RUGBY UNION: Round-up of the Oxfordshire Under 14 and 15 finals
- ATHLETICS: Paul Fernandez secures second at Banbury 15
- Oxon Senior Cup semi-final between Oxford United and Banbury United is postponed
- Michael Appleton frustrated as errors undermine Oxford United display
- Darryl Eales expects Oxford United to have increased playing budget next season
- Wallingford Town pipped in semi-final