WITH no new injury concerns Oxford United could name an unchanged starting line-up for the first time this season.
Head coach Michael Appleton praised the side who played well in a 1-0 defeat at Morecambe on Tuesday night.
With only long-term injured pair Ryan Clarke and Andy Whing in the treatment room, there is a strong chance the XI will be the same against Portsmouth this afternoon.
Appleton, who managed Pompey from 2011-12 said: “The lads did themselves the power of good.
“It’s up to myself and the staff to see if there’s anything Portsmouth can bring to the table that would worry me with the players we’ve got.
“If there isn’t, then at times performances can pick themselves.”
Pompey manager Andy Awford has made a minimum of four changes per game.
His large squad is boosted by the return of Adam Webster from suspension.
But forward Patrick Agyemang (hamstring), midfielder Wes Fogden (knee), defender Danny East (groin) and former U’s striker Tom Craddock (knee) are out.
Oxford Utd: from G Long, Riley, Mullins, Wright, Newey, Collins, Ruffels, Rose, Hylton, Brown, Morris, Jakubiak, O’Dowda, Potter, Meades, Raynes, S Long, Hunt, Crocombe.
Portsmouth: from Jones, Devera, Chorley, Robinson, Shorey, Hollands, Dunne, Wallace, Westcarr, Holmes, Taylor, Atangana, Whatmaugh, Butler, Awford, Webster, Barcham, Storey, Wynter, Brezovan.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory at Chesterfield
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side