Didcot Town joint manager Ian Concannon has urged his players to back up their 5-0 mauling of Bishops Cleeve when they host Southern League Division 1 South & West new boys Larkhall Athletic tonight.
John Mills hit a four-timer, with Sam Elkins completing their nap hand as the Railwaymen moved to third in the table.
Concannon expects Bath-based Larkhall, last season’s Western League champions, to provide a difficult test.
“I don’t know too much about them,” he said. “But it would be nice to back-up Saturday’s win with three points.”
Didcot will be without hamstring-injury victims Ryan Brooks and Lance Williams.
Didcot Tn: from Foster, Heapy, Organ, Baines, Carnell, Learoyd, Elkins, Clark, Mills, Whitehead, Self, S Parish, Bernasconi, McKirnan, A Williams, Abrahart.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1
- FOOTBALL: Mick Conmy wins top honour at Oxfordshire FA awards
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League