NICK Elmey lost in a play-off to finish runner-up in the Junior Gold Medal at Frilford Heath.
The Frilford member finished level with Jake Benson from Beeston Fields GC, Nottinghamshire, on 144 after two rounds of the Red Course.
It took two extra holes to separate the pair, with Benson winning with a birdie on the 18th.
Other Frilford players impressed, with Josh Davies returning the best nett score and Jamie Smith holing his tee shot at the par three fourth.
- FRILFORD Heath also hosted the latest Five Star event, the Richard Pineo Shield, which raised money for charity Special Effects.
Martin Lee’s team with Alistair Booth, Paul Bence and Clem Davies won with 91 points.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe warns Oxford United to watch out for Danny Hylton wind-ups
- FOOTBALL: Jack Morton smashes five as Hanborough hammer Witney Royals
- FOOTBALL: Michael Hooton strikes decisive blow to fire Westminster into War Memorial Cup final
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire beaten in FA County Youth Cup semi-finals
- GIRLS FOOTBALL: Daisey Grover hits six-timer as Wantage Town beat Carterton Town
- FOOTBALL: Danny Taylor’s brace puts Freeland into Oxfordshire Charity Cup final
- FOOTBALL: Harry Fisher and Dan Hollis double up to put Harwell & Hendred into KO Cup final
- England Under-20 itinerary in France could rule Ryan Ledson out of three Oxford United games
- Michael Appleton calls on Oxford United to deliver in front of Sky Sports cameras at Luton Town
- Josh Ruffels signs new contract at Oxford United