NICK Elmey lost in a play-off to finish runner-up in the Junior Gold Medal at Frilford Heath.
The Frilford member finished level with Jake Benson from Beeston Fields GC, Nottinghamshire, on 144 after two rounds of the Red Course.
It took two extra holes to separate the pair, with Benson winning with a birdie on the 18th.
Other Frilford players impressed, with Josh Davies returning the best nett score and Jamie Smith holing his tee shot at the par three fourth.
- FRILFORD Heath also hosted the latest Five Star event, the Richard Pineo Shield, which raised money for charity Special Effects.
Martin Lee’s team with Alistair Booth, Paul Bence and Clem Davies won with 91 points.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Reaction as Oxford United's Checkatrade Trophy tie is postponed minutes before kick-off
- Oxford United v Bradford City off due to frozen pitch
- Toni Martinez excited by prospect of making Oxford United debut in FA Cup clash with Newcastle United
- Silence from Firoz Kassam as stadium talks continue
- Ryan Taylor: Wembley impossible to ignore for Oxford United in Checkatrade Trophy quarter-final
- DARTS: Oxfordshire close in on promotion race with big win over Gwent
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks are held to draw after Kyle Barnes's brace gives them flying start
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson out as Banbury United take on play-off rivals Chesham United
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor return to the top of National League 2 South as Basil Strang stars in Redingensians win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury unbeaten run ends in Newbury defeat