NICK Elmey lost in a play-off to finish runner-up in the Junior Gold Medal at Frilford Heath.
The Frilford member finished level with Jake Benson from Beeston Fields GC, Nottinghamshire, on 144 after two rounds of the Red Course.
It took two extra holes to separate the pair, with Benson winning with a birdie on the 18th.
Other Frilford players impressed, with Josh Davies returning the best nett score and Jamie Smith holing his tee shot at the par three fourth.
- FRILFORD Heath also hosted the latest Five Star event, the Richard Pineo Shield, which raised money for charity Special Effects.
Martin Lee’s team with Alistair Booth, Paul Bence and Clem Davies won with 91 points.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start
- Stars bring in Wilson after Ealey-Newmans depart
- ICE HOCKEY: Player diary - Joe Edwards thanks Oxford City Stars' fans
- FOOTBALL Oxford City lose their way on nightmare day as they slip into the bottom two
- WEEKEND RESULTS September 24 & 25
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic