NICK Elmey lost in a play-off to finish runner-up in the Junior Gold Medal at Frilford Heath.
The Frilford member finished level with Jake Benson from Beeston Fields GC, Nottinghamshire, on 144 after two rounds of the Red Course.
It took two extra holes to separate the pair, with Benson winning with a birdie on the 18th.
Other Frilford players impressed, with Josh Davies returning the best nett score and Jamie Smith holing his tee shot at the par three fourth.
- FRILFORD Heath also hosted the latest Five Star event, the Richard Pineo Shield, which raised money for charity Special Effects.
Martin Lee’s team with Alistair Booth, Paul Bence and Clem Davies won with 91 points.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships
- MOTORSPORT: Dave Messenger lands double podium at Castle Combe