NICK Elmey lost in a play-off to finish runner-up in the Junior Gold Medal at Frilford Heath.
The Frilford member finished level with Jake Benson from Beeston Fields GC, Nottinghamshire, on 144 after two rounds of the Red Course.
It took two extra holes to separate the pair, with Benson winning with a birdie on the 18th.
Other Frilford players impressed, with Josh Davies returning the best nett score and Jamie Smith holing his tee shot at the par three fourth.
- FRILFORD Heath also hosted the latest Five Star event, the Richard Pineo Shield, which raised money for charity Special Effects.
Martin Lee’s team with Alistair Booth, Paul Bence and Clem Davies won with 91 points.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe back in training with Oxford United to test ankle injury ahead of season finale
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- BAR BILLIARDS: Marlborough Club land Oxford League Section 2 title
- BOWLS: Holders Headington cruise into Oxfordshire League Cup quarter-finals
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell hits the road in Morocco
- WEIGHLIFTING: Oxpower trio lift medals
- GYMNASTICS: Woodstock youngsters win gold in UK regional competition
- NETBALL:Didcot's Helen Grindey is honoured
- ATHLETICS: Les Newell claims victory as Oxford City dominate Mota-vation Series opener