JOSH McEachran will spend this season playing in the Netherlands after agreeing a loan from Chelsea.
The 21-year-old from Kirtlington has joined Vitesse Arnhem for the entire campaign.
McEachran made his debut for Chelsea as a 17-year-old, but has not played for his parent club since January 2012.
The England under 21 international has since spent time on loan at Swansea City, Middlesbrough, Watford and Wigan.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United boss issues warning over dangerous Millwall strikers
- Millwall manager Neil Harris full of respect for 'attack-minded' Oxford United
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- OxVox column: How I ended up building a network of exiles
- FOOTBALL: Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to deliver without suspended captain Scott Davies
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins and Banbury ready to lock horns in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Wantage Town eye good end to tough week ahead of FA Trophy tie at Weymouth
- FOOTBALL: George McEachran features for England in European Under 17 Championship qualifiers
- ROWING: Wallingford's Ellie Piggott and Brianna Stubbs hold on to national title
- Oxford United knocked out of FA Youth Cup by Bristol Rovers in first round