London Welsh lost 38-24 to Wasps in their clash at Adams Park, Wycombe, yesterday.
Justin Burnell’s side, who ran in ten unanswered tries in their win over Henley a week ago, found life a lot tougher against their Aviva Premiership rivals.
Welsh’s points came courtesy of tries from Nick Scott, a penalty try and Chris Elder, while Olly Barkley kicked two conversions and a penalty, with Tristan Roberts also slotting a conversion.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities