London Welsh lost 38-24 to Wasps in their clash at Adams Park, Wycombe, yesterday.
Justin Burnell’s side, who ran in ten unanswered tries in their win over Henley a week ago, found life a lot tougher against their Aviva Premiership rivals.
Welsh’s points came courtesy of tries from Nick Scott, a penalty try and Chris Elder, while Olly Barkley kicked two conversions and a penalty, with Tristan Roberts also slotting a conversion.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Josh Ruffels signs new contract at Oxford United
- CRICKET: Ex-Oxfordshire bowler Jack Brooks delighted to agree new deal with Yorkshire
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Debutant Evie Gane earns Oxford United a point
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh, Wantage Town and Didcot Town in action
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins climb out of relegation zone with battling victory, while Witney beat local rivals Grove
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Casey Canterbury's hat-trick puts Oxford RL though
- RUGBY UNION: George Jackson’s penalty completes Henley Hawks comeback victory
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford University Greyhounds beat Bicester to reach Oxfordshire Cup final
- RUGBY UNION: Wheatley storm to victory and Littlemore make it fifteen wins in a row
- DARTS: Promotion-chasers Oxfordshire in key battle