London Welsh lost 38-24 to Wasps in their clash at Adams Park, Wycombe, yesterday.
Justin Burnell’s side, who ran in ten unanswered tries in their win over Henley a week ago, found life a lot tougher against their Aviva Premiership rivals.
Welsh’s points came courtesy of tries from Nick Scott, a penalty try and Chris Elder, while Olly Barkley kicked two conversions and a penalty, with Tristan Roberts also slotting a conversion.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell slips down the field after second round in Thailand
- ROWING: Zoe de Toledo’s eyeing Olympic gold hunt in Rio
- CRICKET: Abingdon Vale teenager Ben Charlesworth to make Oxfordshire debut against Devon
- CRICKET: Banbury captain Lloyd Sabin delighted with Luke Ryan's form ahead of High Wycombe clash
- CRICKET: Skipper Charlie Brain rallies Shipton-under-Wychwood ahead of Horspath challenge
- ROWING: Duarte bags sculls success
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000