Oxfordshire suffered a disastrous collapse in their final three-day game of the season at Nantwich CC yesterday.
Luke Ryan’s side had done well to peg Cheshire back from 130-2 to 190-9, before their day ended on a real low note.
The hosts, who will be Western Division champions if they beat Oxon, enjoyed a final-wicket stand of 57 to post a first innings total of 247.
They then ripped through Oxfordshire’s top order, reducing them to 3-3 and 18-5, before Chad Keegan, who earlier claimed five wickets, and Shabaz Alam saw them to 60-5 at the close.
To add more misery to Oxon’s day, influential batsman Richard Kaufman was unable to bat after feeling ill while fielding.
Today’s play will start at 10.30 to try and make up the time lost to rain yesterday morning.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- FOOTBALL Oxford City lose their way on nightmare day as they slip into the bottom two
- WEEKEND RESULTS September 24 & 25
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic
- Charlton boss Russell Slade unhappy with side over Oxford United equaliser
- MOTOR SPORT: Bradley Smith makes speedy recovery to line up in Japan