Oxfordshire suffered a disastrous collapse in their final three-day game of the season at Nantwich CC yesterday.
Luke Ryan’s side had done well to peg Cheshire back from 130-2 to 190-9, before their day ended on a real low note.
The hosts, who will be Western Division champions if they beat Oxon, enjoyed a final-wicket stand of 57 to post a first innings total of 247.
They then ripped through Oxfordshire’s top order, reducing them to 3-3 and 18-5, before Chad Keegan, who earlier claimed five wickets, and Shabaz Alam saw them to 60-5 at the close.
To add more misery to Oxon’s day, influential batsman Richard Kaufman was unable to bat after feeling ill while fielding.
Today’s play will start at 10.30 to try and make up the time lost to rain yesterday morning.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame
- SWIMMING: Ayanna Fulga stars as City of Oxford impress in Cardiff