Ian Bryan’s spell of 5-40 was in vain as Great & Little Tew lost by 73 runs to Amersham in Division 2 on Saturday.
Bryan took five wickets in a row to wipe out the hosts’ middle-order, but Amersham still set 193.
This was too many for Davidstow Village Cup finalists Tew, who were always behind the required rate.
At 99-4 they had a slim hope, but when three wickets fell for two runs, the writing was on the wall and they were all out for 120 in the 32nd over.
Amersham 20pts, Great & Litte Tew 6
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- FOOTBALL: Mansffield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback
- FOOTBALL: Southern League previews for Didcot, Wantage, Kidlington and Banbury
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins record first victory as last kick misses target