Ian Bryan’s spell of 5-40 was in vain as Great & Little Tew lost by 73 runs to Amersham in Division 2 on Saturday.
Bryan took five wickets in a row to wipe out the hosts’ middle-order, but Amersham still set 193.
This was too many for Davidstow Village Cup finalists Tew, who were always behind the required rate.
At 99-4 they had a slim hope, but when three wickets fell for two runs, the writing was on the wall and they were all out for 120 in the 32nd over.
Amersham 20pts, Great & Litte Tew 6
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton not ruling out a Ryan Ledson enquiry
- RACING: Hughie Morrison delighted after Nearly Caught triumphs in France
- BOWLS: Alan Ley leads Oxfordshire to tight win over Buckinghamshire
- BAR BILLIARDS: Bletchingdon beat Gladiators for first win of season
- RUGBY UNION: Grove battle back to beat Bicester in friendly thriller
- Oxford United's Benji Buchel and Tyler Roberts receive international call-ups
- Joe Rothwell positive despite Oxford United's EFL Cup defeat
- CRICKET: Oxford Downs on brink of Cherwell League top-flight return after winning thriller against Nondies
- AUNT SALLY: Brilliant Kevin Giles impresses with 17-doll haul as Gladiators A ease to victory
- CRICKET: Minster Lovell win double-header for pole position in OCA League Division 1 title race