Ian Bryan’s spell of 5-40 was in vain as Great & Little Tew lost by 73 runs to Amersham in Division 2 on Saturday.
Bryan took five wickets in a row to wipe out the hosts’ middle-order, but Amersham still set 193.
This was too many for Davidstow Village Cup finalists Tew, who were always behind the required rate.
At 99-4 they had a slim hope, but when three wickets fell for two runs, the writing was on the wall and they were all out for 120 in the 32nd over.
Amersham 20pts, Great & Litte Tew 6
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Canice Carroll eyes Oxford United starting role after signing three-year deal
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell clinches US Open spot after superb qualifying display
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- Oxford United denied cash boost from Kemar Roofe transfer after Leeds United's failure to make play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire clinch first Twickenham win after dramatic finale
- RESULTS: May 27-28
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League reports
- MOTORSPORT: Haas and Williams in the points at Monaco Grand Prix
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final