Ian Bryan’s spell of 5-40 was in vain as Great & Little Tew lost by 73 runs to Amersham in Division 2 on Saturday.
Bryan took five wickets in a row to wipe out the hosts’ middle-order, but Amersham still set 193.
This was too many for Davidstow Village Cup finalists Tew, who were always behind the required rate.
At 99-4 they had a slim hope, but when three wickets fell for two runs, the writing was on the wall and they were all out for 120 in the 32nd over.
Amersham 20pts, Great & Litte Tew 6
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Jordan Evans stays on at Oxford United to give support in final test
- Oxford United will monitor rivals' scores in final day showdown
- Danny Hylton happy to wait on contract talks until Oxford United's future is decided
- Composure will be key for Oxford United in sprint for the finish, says Michael Appleton
- Gareth Ainsworth aiming for Wycombe to make more memories at Oxford United's expense
- Michael Appleton puts faith in Oxford United injured players to make right call
- Kemar Roofe on a mission to make Oxford United starting line-up
- Oxford United goalkeeper Benji Buchel ready for Wycombe bombardment
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton returns to the saddle at Kingston Blount
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire youngsters reach national finals after dramatic shoot-out