EMMA Bristow, from Lincolnshire, was crowned ladies’ champion after storming to victory at the Berks Bonanza Arena Super Trial at Aston Tirrold, near Didcot.
Former British champion Becky Cooke (Isle of Wight) was second at the two-day event, which was promoted by the North Berks Motorcycle Club.
Alicia Robinson, from East Hagbourne, finished third in the girls’ category, which was won by Bristol’s Victoria Payne.
James Dabill retained his men’s title after holding off the challenge of fellow Yorkshireman Michael Brown, who was second.
However, there was disappointment for Alexz Wigg, from Winslow, the nephew of the late famous Oxford speedway and world longtrack champion Simon Wigg.
He completed two good qualifying laps, but was then eliminated from the final.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships