EMMA Bristow, from Lincolnshire, was crowned ladies’ champion after storming to victory at the Berks Bonanza Arena Super Trial at Aston Tirrold, near Didcot.
Former British champion Becky Cooke (Isle of Wight) was second at the two-day event, which was promoted by the North Berks Motorcycle Club.
Alicia Robinson, from East Hagbourne, finished third in the girls’ category, which was won by Bristol’s Victoria Payne.
James Dabill retained his men’s title after holding off the challenge of fellow Yorkshireman Michael Brown, who was second.
However, there was disappointment for Alexz Wigg, from Winslow, the nephew of the late famous Oxford speedway and world longtrack champion Simon Wigg.
He completed two good qualifying laps, but was then eliminated from the final.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton takes no risks with Vesperal Dream
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders