THREE Abingdon Vale youngsters excelled in reaching finals in Sheffield.
Caitlin Wheatley set an Oxfordshire & North Bucks record when coming seventh in the final of the girls’ 200m butterfly.
Harry James reached two finals, coming sixth in the boys’ 200m breaststroke and seventh in the 100m breaststroke.
Niall O’Leary swam to seventh in the boys’ 200m backstroke final.
Also competing were Michael Esnouf, in the 100m and 200m breaststroke, and Ellie Nutt in the 50m breaststroke.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson nominated for EFL Young Player of the Season award
- Trio are injury doubts for Oxford United's clash with Bury tomorrow
- I just rely on my instinct, says Oxford United keeper Simon Eastwood after penalty save
- Liam Sercombe frustrated at Oxford United's failure to get a win
- It’s two points dropped, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- HORSE RACING: Snow Leopardess sparkles for Charlie Longsdon
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City defeated by classy late strike
- RESULTS: Weekend March 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's play-off bid hit by defeat at Stratford
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh make it two wins in a row, Didcot beaten by late freak goal and Wantage delay relegation with draw