THREE Abingdon Vale youngsters excelled in reaching finals in Sheffield.
Caitlin Wheatley set an Oxfordshire & North Bucks record when coming seventh in the final of the girls’ 200m butterfly.
Harry James reached two finals, coming sixth in the boys’ 200m breaststroke and seventh in the 100m breaststroke.
Niall O’Leary swam to seventh in the boys’ 200m backstroke final.
Also competing were Michael Esnouf, in the 100m and 200m breaststroke, and Ellie Nutt in the 50m breaststroke.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United face tense wait over Kemar Roofe's fitness for season finale
- Oxfordshire Senior Cup final details are confirmed
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United manager Mike Ford thrilled as his team win promotion play-off final
- RUGBY UNION: Oscar Heath racks up the points as Chinnor clinch top-six finish
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Oxfordshire suffer opening day defeat in County Championship Shield
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ini Umotong's strike lifts Oxford United off the bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL fall short against Toulouse Olympique
- DARTS: ODDA summer league all set to begin
- GOLF: Paterson and Averell help Studley Wood extend winning run
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash