Aston Rowant bid to keep their hopes of a dream trip to the Caribbean alive when they take on Reigate Priory in the rearranged Barbados & Smile Group Travel Cup semi-final on Sunday (1pm).
The Club Cricket Conference tie was washed out by torrential rain last Sunday.
But with a favourable forecast this weekend there shouldn’t be any such problems, and Wes Morrick’s side are hoping they’ll have the backing of a big crowd.
The competition winners will represent the Conference in a tournament in Barbados.
Batsman Chris Watling admitted Rowant didn’t know a great deal about their opponents.
“I know they are top of the Surrey Premier League and have some very good players,” he said.
“We have played against some of their players before, like Neil Saker, who used to play for Reading, but at the same time they don’t know much about us.”
Blackheath are at home to Bromley in the other semi-final, with the final at Ealing on Bank Holiday Monday, August 25 (12noon).
Aston Rowant: from Morgan, Watling, Hammond, Cook, J Smith, Matthews, Morrick (capt), Muttitt, Kazmi, Harris, Tolson, Robyns, Leon.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United upbeat about Rob Hall's hamstring injury
- Oxford United fans' chat
- 'We were not ruthless enough', says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton, 'but it's difficult to say that after a 4-0 win'
- Clean sheet is just like a hat-trick for Oxford United's defenders, says Joe Skarz
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny takes centre stage as Oxford United close in on play-off places
- HOCKEY: Oxford’s Trophy hopes ended in dramatic penalty shoot-out
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson’s late goal earns Banbury United victory
- FOOTBALL: Debutant Ezra Forde saves Oxford City with last-gasp goal
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh draw, but Didcot Town and Wantage Town suffer defeats