Aston Rowant bid to keep their hopes of a dream trip to the Caribbean alive when they take on Reigate Priory in the rearranged Barbados & Smile Group Travel Cup semi-final on Sunday (1pm).
The Club Cricket Conference tie was washed out by torrential rain last Sunday.
But with a favourable forecast this weekend there shouldn’t be any such problems, and Wes Morrick’s side are hoping they’ll have the backing of a big crowd.
The competition winners will represent the Conference in a tournament in Barbados.
Batsman Chris Watling admitted Rowant didn’t know a great deal about their opponents.
“I know they are top of the Surrey Premier League and have some very good players,” he said.
“We have played against some of their players before, like Neil Saker, who used to play for Reading, but at the same time they don’t know much about us.”
Blackheath are at home to Bromley in the other semi-final, with the final at Ealing on Bank Holiday Monday, August 25 (12noon).
Aston Rowant: from Morgan, Watling, Hammond, Cook, J Smith, Matthews, Morrick (capt), Muttitt, Kazmi, Harris, Tolson, Robyns, Leon.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson joins Oxford United from Everton for undisclosed fee
- Andy Triggs Hodge bows out on a high to concentrate on family
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints smash Cornish Sharks to land play-off semi-final slot
- CRICKET: Sussex paceman Tymal Mills given green light to play for Oxfordshire
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Jade O'Dowda sets sights on Tokyo 2020 Olympics after defending national heptathlon title
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire captain Luke Ryan reflects on testing minor counties campaign
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire paceman Chad Keegan retires
- RACING: Hughie Morrison delighted after Nearly Caught triumphs in France
- BAR BILLIARDS: Bletchingdon beat Gladiators for first win of season
- BOWLS: Alan Ley leads Oxfordshire to tight win over Buckinghamshire