Aston Rowant bid to keep their hopes of a dream trip to the Caribbean alive when they take on Reigate Priory in the rearranged Barbados & Smile Group Travel Cup semi-final on Sunday (1pm).
The Club Cricket Conference tie was washed out by torrential rain last Sunday.
But with a favourable forecast this weekend there shouldn’t be any such problems, and Wes Morrick’s side are hoping they’ll have the backing of a big crowd.
The competition winners will represent the Conference in a tournament in Barbados.
Batsman Chris Watling admitted Rowant didn’t know a great deal about their opponents.
“I know they are top of the Surrey Premier League and have some very good players,” he said.
“We have played against some of their players before, like Neil Saker, who used to play for Reading, but at the same time they don’t know much about us.”
Blackheath are at home to Bromley in the other semi-final, with the final at Ealing on Bank Holiday Monday, August 25 (12noon).
Aston Rowant: from Morgan, Watling, Hammond, Cook, J Smith, Matthews, Morrick (capt), Muttitt, Kazmi, Harris, Tolson, Robyns, Leon.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- RUGBY UNION: Former Oxford-based club London Welsh go into liquidation
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four