TEENAGER Ben Goodall has been selected to compete in one of the world’s biggest gymnastics competitions — the Loule Cup.
The 15-year-old, from Harwell, will be representing Team GB in tumbling — where gymnasts perform a series of somersaults and flips down a 25m track.
Ben said: “I’m in the junior boys team.
“It was a complete shock — I didn’t even know the team existed.”
The pupil at King Alfred’s Academy in Wantage said: “It was very unexpected.’’ Ben said he only started tumbling 18 months ago, adding: “It’s as close as you can get to flying.”
The Loule Cup, which focuses on tumbling and trampolining, will be held in Portugal from Thursday, September 4.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community