TEENAGER Ben Goodall has been selected to compete in one of the world’s biggest gymnastics competitions — the Loule Cup.
The 15-year-old, from Harwell, will be representing Team GB in tumbling — where gymnasts perform a series of somersaults and flips down a 25m track.
Ben said: “I’m in the junior boys team.
“It was a complete shock — I didn’t even know the team existed.”
The pupil at King Alfred’s Academy in Wantage said: “It was very unexpected.’’ Ben said he only started tumbling 18 months ago, adding: “It’s as close as you can get to flying.”
The Loule Cup, which focuses on tumbling and trampolining, will be held in Portugal from Thursday, September 4.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year