Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith says he is eager to get in the points when the campaign resumes with the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix tomorrow.
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider had a difficult opening half of the season and wants to turn it around.
“After a summer break where I was able to fully recharge my batteries, I am ready for action this weekend at Indy,” said Smith.
“I am determined to get a really strong result for myself as well as the team to get us back on target in the championship.
“It’s easy to see that it has been tricky for me so far this year. Yet, my finger injury has cleared plus I am highly motivated to try my hardest to clinch a position inside the top five this weekend, which is where I know I need to be every race.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United season ticket sales set to break new ground at Kassam Stadium
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter thrilled by Wimbledon call
- CRICKET: Vice-captain Jonny Cater backs Oxfordshire to end poor run in Unicorns Counties Championship
- RUGBY UNION: Bevon Armitage has high hopes after signing for Chinnor
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew captain Andy Harris delighted by Joe Thomas form
- CRICKET: John Barrett hails Oxford's quality ahead of Thame Town derby
- TENNIS: Ustic saves match points on way to maiden title
- ROWING: Oxon crews reign at damp Reading regatta
- ICE HOCKEY: Elliott End set up to honour Oxford City Stars aces
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain