Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith says he is eager to get in the points when the campaign resumes with the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix tomorrow.
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider had a difficult opening half of the season and wants to turn it around.
“After a summer break where I was able to fully recharge my batteries, I am ready for action this weekend at Indy,” said Smith.
“I am determined to get a really strong result for myself as well as the team to get us back on target in the championship.
“It’s easy to see that it has been tricky for me so far this year. Yet, my finger injury has cleared plus I am highly motivated to try my hardest to clinch a position inside the top five this weekend, which is where I know I need to be every race.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's FA Cup tie with Merstham to be televised
- Rob Hall in line for Oxford United playing return next week
- GOLF: Stunning round sees Eddie Pepperell in share of second at Portugal Masters
- Joe Skarz has 50/50 chance of Oxford United recall at Port Vale this weekend
- Patient Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley eager for Oxford United chance
- SPORTS AWARDS: Nominate your favourite
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell starts fight to retain Tour card
- AUNT SALLY: Rampant Rampton lands first Oxford League singles crown
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars are second best after mixed double-header
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford University winger Tom Stileman looking forward to Croatia test