Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith says he is eager to get in the points when the campaign resumes with the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix tomorrow.
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider had a difficult opening half of the season and wants to turn it around.
“After a summer break where I was able to fully recharge my batteries, I am ready for action this weekend at Indy,” said Smith.
“I am determined to get a really strong result for myself as well as the team to get us back on target in the championship.
“It’s easy to see that it has been tricky for me so far this year. Yet, my finger injury has cleared plus I am highly motivated to try my hardest to clinch a position inside the top five this weekend, which is where I know I need to be every race.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's late FA Cup defeat is 'sickener' - Chris Maguire
- Middlesbrough 3 (Leadbitter 26, Gestede 34, Stuani 86), Oxford United 2 (Maguire 63, Martinez 65)
- UPDATES - Middlesbrough v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re not afraid of Boro and relishing a bumper away day
- Chris Maguire hopes Oxford United can grab the FA Cup headlines against Middlesbrough
- Oxford United players excited by enormous following for FA Cup tie, says Ryan Ledson
- ICE HOCKEY: Ben Payne back as Oxford City Stars seek double over Milton Keynes Thunder
- Bream come to top for Doug Robinson in Littlemore's Chandlers Cup
- SWIMMING: Formidable City of Oxford make it five county titles in a row
- CRICKET: James Fitzjohn excited by Horspath challenge as he moves from Cumnor