Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith says he is eager to get in the points when the campaign resumes with the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix tomorrow.
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider had a difficult opening half of the season and wants to turn it around.
“After a summer break where I was able to fully recharge my batteries, I am ready for action this weekend at Indy,” said Smith.
“I am determined to get a really strong result for myself as well as the team to get us back on target in the championship.
“It’s easy to see that it has been tricky for me so far this year. Yet, my finger injury has cleared plus I am highly motivated to try my hardest to clinch a position inside the top five this weekend, which is where I know I need to be every race.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Rochdale 0, Oxford United 4 (Johnson 18, Hall 29, Taylor 53, Ledson 73)
- UPDATES - Rochdale v Oxford United
- Oxford United handed boost with key Rochdale defender serving suspension
- Marvin Johnson looking for more of the same when Oxford United visit Rochdale
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re recharged for busy league and cup schedule
- SWIMMING: David Murphy delivers masterclass to set more records at Arena Pro Swim Series
- TABLE TENNIS: Bicester squeeze past Holton in Aubrey Hughes Handicap Shield opener
- ANGLING: Alan Steele clinches Victory Cup
- INDOOR CRICKET: Chipping Norton and Ruscote title race goes down to the wire
- ON CUE: Q Zone go top of Gentworks Oxford & District Snooker League