Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith says he is eager to get in the points when the campaign resumes with the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix tomorrow.
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider had a difficult opening half of the season and wants to turn it around.
“After a summer break where I was able to fully recharge my batteries, I am ready for action this weekend at Indy,” said Smith.
“I am determined to get a really strong result for myself as well as the team to get us back on target in the championship.
“It’s easy to see that it has been tricky for me so far this year. Yet, my finger injury has cleared plus I am highly motivated to try my hardest to clinch a position inside the top five this weekend, which is where I know I need to be every race.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- VIDEO: Watch Oxford United signing Tyler Roberts scoring for West Brom
- Kane Hemmings out to make immediate impact at Oxford United
- Majority of Oxford United fans in poll prepared to boycott EFL Trophy
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Tom Anstice claims three titles and breaks Radley club record
- BOWLS: Headington and Carterton to vie for Oxfordshire League crown
- ATHLETICS: James Bolton wins Waddesdon Manor 5km title
- BOWLS: Singles champion Chris Gilkes comes so close to historic Oxfordshire title double
- RUGBY UNION: Scrum half Greg Goodfellow backs Richard Thorpe to be big hit at Chinnor
- BAR BILLIARDS: Berinsfield in fine form in Johnson’s Buildbase Oxford & District Summer League