SKIPPER James Fitz-john’s maiden county century helped Oxfordshire Under 17s hammer previously unbeaten opponents Dorset at Dean Park.
Fitzjohn compiled a well-crafted 123 from 211 balls as Oxon made an impregnable 373-7 after being inserted in the friendly match.
The visitors then bowled Dorset out for 132 to secure a 241-run first innings victory.
Oxon batted again, but their efforts to score quickly saw them reduced to 89-8 before the sides called it a day.
In teh first innings, Tom Condon and George Reid put on 60 for the first wicket, with the former hitting a patient 47.
Fitzjohn held things together with an innings featuring 15 fours and one six.
Oxon kept Dorset in the field until the second morning when Callum Russell (54) and Leo Bethell (46) made hay.
Dom Clutterbuck had the latter dropped eight times over the two innings, while Jem Warner took 3-78.
Warner (31no) then top-scored in the hosts’ reply.
Saim Hussain (3-19) was the pick of the attack, Hendrick Robyns and Max Mannering taking two wickets apiece.
That gave the visitors their ninth win of the season, but they were unable to force a two-innings success.
Only Harry Ackland (25) passed 20 in Oxon’s second dig, Clutterbuck taking 4-36.
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson joins Oxford United from Everton for undisclosed fee
- Andy Triggs Hodge bows out on a high to concentrate on family
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints smash Cornish Sharks to land play-off semi-final slot
- CRICKET: Sussex paceman Tymal Mills given green light to play for Oxfordshire
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Jade O'Dowda sets sights on Tokyo 2020 Olympics after defending national heptathlon title
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire captain Luke Ryan reflects on testing minor counties campaign
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire paceman Chad Keegan retires
- RACING: Hughie Morrison delighted after Nearly Caught triumphs in France
- BAR BILLIARDS: Bletchingdon beat Gladiators for first win of season
- BOWLS: Alan Ley leads Oxfordshire to tight win over Buckinghamshire