SKIPPER James Fitz-john’s maiden county century helped Oxfordshire Under 17s hammer previously unbeaten opponents Dorset at Dean Park.
Fitzjohn compiled a well-crafted 123 from 211 balls as Oxon made an impregnable 373-7 after being inserted in the friendly match.
The visitors then bowled Dorset out for 132 to secure a 241-run first innings victory.
Oxon batted again, but their efforts to score quickly saw them reduced to 89-8 before the sides called it a day.
In teh first innings, Tom Condon and George Reid put on 60 for the first wicket, with the former hitting a patient 47.
Fitzjohn held things together with an innings featuring 15 fours and one six.
Oxon kept Dorset in the field until the second morning when Callum Russell (54) and Leo Bethell (46) made hay.
Dom Clutterbuck had the latter dropped eight times over the two innings, while Jem Warner took 3-78.
Warner (31no) then top-scored in the hosts’ reply.
Saim Hussain (3-19) was the pick of the attack, Hendrick Robyns and Max Mannering taking two wickets apiece.
That gave the visitors their ninth win of the season, but they were unable to force a two-innings success.
Only Harry Ackland (25) passed 20 in Oxon’s second dig, Clutterbuck taking 4-36.
Latest Sport news
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1
- FOOTBALL: Mick Conmy wins top honour at Oxfordshire FA awards
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League