Phil Gladden became the first Adderbury bowler in the club’s 88-year history to win an Oxfordshire Bowling Association competition when lifting the Allison Cup at South Oxford.
Gladden triumphed in the competition for non-badged players with a 21-12 victory over Charlbury’s Ray Hill in the final played over 20 ends.
In the semi-finals, Gladden had beaten West Witney’s Henry Beall 21-8, while Hill finished strongly to defeat Ray Plested (The Oxford) 21-16.
Hill was playing in his second final of the day, following a 24-end marathon in the Longford Cup overs 60s decider in which he went down 21-19 to Oxford City & County’s Paul Comley.
Hill fought back from 12-4 down to level at 15-15.
A run of five singles left Comley requiring one for the title.
But it wasn’t until Hill had picked up a three and a single, that Comley collected the single shot he needed.
In the previous day’s semi-finals played in heavy rain, Comley defeated Shiplake Village’s Trevor Beaumont 21-16, while Hill came from behind to win 21-17 against Witney Town’s Brian Smith.
Over the two days, Hill had played two semi-finals, two finals, with no fewer than 97 ends and had bowled approximately 388 woods.
West Witney’s Kevin Alder lifted the Officers Cup with a 21-11 victory over Chadlington’s John Benfield in the final.
In the semi-finals, Middleton Cup player Alder swept aside team manager Steve Gilkes, from Watlington, 21-3, while Benfield saw off South Oxford’s Richard Green 21-12.
- Oxford United upbeat about Rob Hall's hamstring injury
- Oxford United fans' chat
- 'We were not ruthless enough', says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton, 'but it's difficult to say that after a 4-0 win'
- Clean sheet is just like a hat-trick for Oxford United's defenders, says Joe Skarz
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny takes centre stage as Oxford United close in on play-off places
- HOCKEY: Oxford’s Trophy hopes ended in dramatic penalty shoot-out
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson’s late goal earns Banbury United victory
- FOOTBALL: Debutant Ezra Forde saves Oxford City with last-gasp goal
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh draw, but Didcot Town and Wantage Town suffer defeats