Zifena gave Eve Johnson Houghton’s Blewbury stables, near Didcot, a valuable success at Newmarket on Saturday.
The two-year-old filly sprang a 20-1 surprise when collaring hot favourite Enlace by a head in the final strides of the six-furlong nursery under Jim Crowley to capture the first prize of £25,876.
Meanwhile, Wantage trainer Henry Candy landed an across-the-card double with Lady Pimpernel at Newmarket and White Russian at Lingfield.
Lady Pimpernel (7-2) beat Tanseeb by a length and a half in a mile and a quarter handicap, with Fergus Sweeney on board.
And White Russian, ridden by Hayley Turner, held off Ziggy’s Secret by a neck in a seven-furlong handicap.
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- Liam Sercombe a step closer to Oxford United departure
- POINT-TO-POINT: Lisa O'Neill backing Ireland to stop the rot in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City reveal bumper pre-season programme
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell eyes putting improvements ahead of US Open qualifying
- TENNIS: North Oxford extend super streak to keep promotion push on track
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League preview
- POINT-TO-POINT: Will Biddick does not expect home advantage to help Great Britain in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton