Zifena gave Eve Johnson Houghton’s Blewbury stables, near Didcot, a valuable success at Newmarket on Saturday.
The two-year-old filly sprang a 20-1 surprise when collaring hot favourite Enlace by a head in the final strides of the six-furlong nursery under Jim Crowley to capture the first prize of £25,876.
Meanwhile, Wantage trainer Henry Candy landed an across-the-card double with Lady Pimpernel at Newmarket and White Russian at Lingfield.
Lady Pimpernel (7-2) beat Tanseeb by a length and a half in a mile and a quarter handicap, with Fergus Sweeney on board.
And White Russian, ridden by Hayley Turner, held off Ziggy’s Secret by a neck in a seven-furlong handicap.
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe named in League Two team of the year
- Oxford United await decisions from Hylton and Maguire
- MOTOR RACING: Renault's Jolyon Palmer crashes out of Monaco Grand Prix
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 28-29
- CRICKET: Horspath stretch unbeaten start to four games after Shipton-under-Wychwood collapse
- CRICKET: Dain Moreton's century inspires Great & Little Tew to victory over Harefield
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1