Pat Foster’s latest display of devastating bowling proved in vain for Horspath with heavy rain coming to Great & Little Tew’s rescue in their Serious Cricket Home Counties League Division 2 clash at the Recreation Ground.
The seamer had claimed four more wickets to help reduce Tew to 45-5 after they had been put in to bat when the game was washed out after just 12.2 overs.
Foster had Ashley Hubbert caught behind by Andy Wynd, before Joe White and Jordan Garrett went to catches by Mark Skelton and Robbie Eason at fourth and third slips respectively.
Mohson Rana then jagged one back to knock over Curtly Slatter’s middle stump.
Foster took his figures to 4-20 by having Lloyd Brock caught by Jimmy Phillips at fifth slip, just seconds before the rain arrived.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Taylor is fit and raring to go for Oxford United this season
- WEEKEND RESULTS July 23-24
- CRICKET: George Munsey's super spell steers Division 2 leaders Oxford to derby win over Aston Rowant
- CRICKET: Luke Ryan is the hero as Banbury beat Burnham in Division 1
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas left frustrated at Muller Anniversary Games
- MOTORSPORT: Renault's Jolyon Palmer rues costly spin at Hungarian Grand Prix
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash