Pat Foster’s latest display of devastating bowling proved in vain for Horspath with heavy rain coming to Great & Little Tew’s rescue in their Serious Cricket Home Counties League Division 2 clash at the Recreation Ground.
The seamer had claimed four more wickets to help reduce Tew to 45-5 after they had been put in to bat when the game was washed out after just 12.2 overs.
Foster had Ashley Hubbert caught behind by Andy Wynd, before Joe White and Jordan Garrett went to catches by Mark Skelton and Robbie Eason at fourth and third slips respectively.
Mohson Rana then jagged one back to knock over Curtly Slatter’s middle stump.
Foster took his figures to 4-20 by having Lloyd Brock caught by Jimmy Phillips at fifth slip, just seconds before the rain arrived.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United catch their breath ahead of fixture 'carnage'
- Two years on, Joe Skarz is so thankful he took 'massive step' to join Oxford United
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United off-field wranglings 'not a massive issue as long as I know what's going on'
- UPDATE: Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United is a sell-out
- From the Oxford United boardroom column: Why we issued the stadium statement now
- Rochdale's winning run at home should be an incentive for Oxford United, says Curtis Nelson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses cut at Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship
- FOOTBALL: Josh Ashby loan extension from Oxford United is ‘like a new signing’, says Oxford City boss Mark Jones
- RUGBY UNION: Matt Williams urges Chinnor to build momentum in National League 2 South
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington manager Julian McCalmon backs Anaclet Odhiambo to shrug off penalty miss