Pat Foster’s latest display of devastating bowling proved in vain for Horspath with heavy rain coming to Great & Little Tew’s rescue in their Serious Cricket Home Counties League Division 2 clash at the Recreation Ground.
The seamer had claimed four more wickets to help reduce Tew to 45-5 after they had been put in to bat when the game was washed out after just 12.2 overs.
Foster had Ashley Hubbert caught behind by Andy Wynd, before Joe White and Jordan Garrett went to catches by Mark Skelton and Robbie Eason at fourth and third slips respectively.
Mohson Rana then jagged one back to knock over Curtly Slatter’s middle stump.
Foster took his figures to 4-20 by having Lloyd Brock caught by Jimmy Phillips at fifth slip, just seconds before the rain arrived.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United face tense wait over Kemar Roofe's fitness for season finale
- Oxfordshire Senior Cup final details are confirmed
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United manager Mike Ford thrilled as his team win promotion play-off final
- RUGBY UNION: Oscar Heath racks up the points as Chinnor clinch top-six finish
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Oxfordshire suffer opening day defeat in County Championship Shield
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ini Umotong's strike lifts Oxford United off the bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL fall short against Toulouse Olympique
- DARTS: ODDA summer league all set to begin
- GOLF: Paterson and Averell help Studley Wood extend winning run
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash