Pat Foster’s latest display of devastating bowling proved in vain for Horspath with heavy rain coming to Great & Little Tew’s rescue in their Serious Cricket Home Counties League Division 2 clash at the Recreation Ground.
The seamer had claimed four more wickets to help reduce Tew to 45-5 after they had been put in to bat when the game was washed out after just 12.2 overs.
Foster had Ashley Hubbert caught behind by Andy Wynd, before Joe White and Jordan Garrett went to catches by Mark Skelton and Robbie Eason at fourth and third slips respectively.
Mohson Rana then jagged one back to knock over Curtly Slatter’s middle stump.
Foster took his figures to 4-20 by having Lloyd Brock caught by Jimmy Phillips at fifth slip, just seconds before the rain arrived.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- World Cup warm-up games come second to Oxford United's play-off push - Ryan Ledson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell’s off to a steady start in South Africa
- Andy Cook appointed new manager of Oxford United women
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club stretch lead with whitewash win
- MOTORSPORT: Anything’s possible this season, says Renault driver Jolyon Palmer
- ROWING: Former Abingdon School pupil Tom Digby adds to his world record tally
- ICE HOCKEY: Lacklustre Oxford City Stars defeated as Milton Keynes Thunder take quick revenge
- AUNT SALLY: Banbury Cricket Club take Eynsham Winter League title in first season
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Hawks fined for breach of RFU agent rules
- ATHLETICS: Hannah Hale breaks Eynsham club record at Bramley 20