Pat Foster’s latest display of devastating bowling proved in vain for Horspath with heavy rain coming to Great & Little Tew’s rescue in their Serious Cricket Home Counties League Division 2 clash at the Recreation Ground.
The seamer had claimed four more wickets to help reduce Tew to 45-5 after they had been put in to bat when the game was washed out after just 12.2 overs.
Foster had Ashley Hubbert caught behind by Andy Wynd, before Joe White and Jordan Garrett went to catches by Mark Skelton and Robbie Eason at fourth and third slips respectively.
Mohson Rana then jagged one back to knock over Curtly Slatter’s middle stump.
Foster took his figures to 4-20 by having Lloyd Brock caught by Jimmy Phillips at fifth slip, just seconds before the rain arrived.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow