OXFORDSHIRE Under 15s are celebrating two wins in the space of a week.
They opened up with a 13-run success over Guernsey at Thame Town and then saw off Shropshire by six wickets in their final ECB County Cup Group 2B clash at Stonesfield.
Oxon were in big trouble at 56-6 against Guernsey, but Harrison Ward (60), Charlie Miller (32) and George Reid (25 no) helped get them to a highly-competitive 181.
In reply, Guernsey were well placed at 88-2, but Tyron Eyles (5-38) turned the game around as the islanders were shot out for 168.
Another brilliant five-wicket haul for Eyles (5-25) reduced Shropshire to 98-8, but the tail wagged superbly as they finished on 177-9.
Oxon didn’t help themselves by conceding 40 extras, but Ben Smith (37) got their reply off to a good start.
Skipper Lloyd Belcher chipped in with 45 before Alex Ling (39no) and Asad Rafiq (21no) led Oxon home with 15 overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Maccclesfield Town v Oxford United
- Macclesfield tie is chance to repeat Oxford United’s FA Cup heroics – boss Michael Appleton
- Jonny Giles has ability and attitude to succeed, says City boss ahead of winger's return to Oxford United
- Fit-again Joe Rothwell hoping for Oxford United recall in John Lundstram's absence
- Paul Moody cannot wait for reunion 20 years in the making to celebrate Oxford United’s big finish
- Oxford United goalkeeper Simon Eastwood desperate to avoid becoming Emirates FA Cup headline
- Head coach Michael Appleton likely to shuffle Oxford United pack for Macclesfield Town clash
- RUGBY UNION: Naming Varsity Match squad has heightened Oxford University's focus, says captain Fergus Taylor
- GOLF: Triple bogey destroys Eddie Pepperell's chances of making the halfway cut