OXFORDSHIRE Under 15s are celebrating two wins in the space of a week.
They opened up with a 13-run success over Guernsey at Thame Town and then saw off Shropshire by six wickets in their final ECB County Cup Group 2B clash at Stonesfield.
Oxon were in big trouble at 56-6 against Guernsey, but Harrison Ward (60), Charlie Miller (32) and George Reid (25 no) helped get them to a highly-competitive 181.
In reply, Guernsey were well placed at 88-2, but Tyron Eyles (5-38) turned the game around as the islanders were shot out for 168.
Another brilliant five-wicket haul for Eyles (5-25) reduced Shropshire to 98-8, but the tail wagged superbly as they finished on 177-9.
Oxon didn’t help themselves by conceding 40 extras, but Ben Smith (37) got their reply off to a good start.
Skipper Lloyd Belcher chipped in with 45 before Alex Ling (39no) and Asad Rafiq (21no) led Oxon home with 15 overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Southend United 2 (Leonard 13, Wordsworth pen 74), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 45+3)
- UPDATES - Southend United v Oxford United
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth