OXFORDSHIRE Under 15s are celebrating two wins in the space of a week.
They opened up with a 13-run success over Guernsey at Thame Town and then saw off Shropshire by six wickets in their final ECB County Cup Group 2B clash at Stonesfield.
Oxon were in big trouble at 56-6 against Guernsey, but Harrison Ward (60), Charlie Miller (32) and George Reid (25 no) helped get them to a highly-competitive 181.
In reply, Guernsey were well placed at 88-2, but Tyron Eyles (5-38) turned the game around as the islanders were shot out for 168.
Another brilliant five-wicket haul for Eyles (5-25) reduced Shropshire to 98-8, but the tail wagged superbly as they finished on 177-9.
Oxon didn’t help themselves by conceding 40 extras, but Ben Smith (37) got their reply off to a good start.
Skipper Lloyd Belcher chipped in with 45 before Alex Ling (39no) and Asad Rafiq (21no) led Oxon home with 15 overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Gary Caldwell: Flexible Chesterfield are a threat to Oxford United
- From the boardroom column: Oxford United are making waves across the world
- FOOTBAL: Boss praises Lee Henderson as Oxford City tighten up at the back
- FOOTBALL: Much-travelled Declan Benjamin now aims to settle down at Ardley United
- BADMINTON: Young Charlie Driver collects medal treble
- FOOTBALL: Andy Gunn shoots back to North Leigh after being released by Banbury United
- World Cup warm-up games come second to Oxford United's play-off push - Ryan Ledson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell’s off to a steady start in South Africa
- Andy Cook appointed new manager of Oxford United women
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club stretch lead with whitewash win