OXFORDSHIRE Under 15s are celebrating two wins in the space of a week.
They opened up with a 13-run success over Guernsey at Thame Town and then saw off Shropshire by six wickets in their final ECB County Cup Group 2B clash at Stonesfield.
Oxon were in big trouble at 56-6 against Guernsey, but Harrison Ward (60), Charlie Miller (32) and George Reid (25 no) helped get them to a highly-competitive 181.
In reply, Guernsey were well placed at 88-2, but Tyron Eyles (5-38) turned the game around as the islanders were shot out for 168.
Another brilliant five-wicket haul for Eyles (5-25) reduced Shropshire to 98-8, but the tail wagged superbly as they finished on 177-9.
Oxon didn’t help themselves by conceding 40 extras, but Ben Smith (37) got their reply off to a good start.
Skipper Lloyd Belcher chipped in with 45 before Alex Ling (39no) and Asad Rafiq (21no) led Oxon home with 15 overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise