OXFORDSHIRE Under 15s are celebrating two wins in the space of a week.
They opened up with a 13-run success over Guernsey at Thame Town and then saw off Shropshire by six wickets in their final ECB County Cup Group 2B clash at Stonesfield.
Oxon were in big trouble at 56-6 against Guernsey, but Harrison Ward (60), Charlie Miller (32) and George Reid (25 no) helped get them to a highly-competitive 181.
In reply, Guernsey were well placed at 88-2, but Tyron Eyles (5-38) turned the game around as the islanders were shot out for 168.
Another brilliant five-wicket haul for Eyles (5-25) reduced Shropshire to 98-8, but the tail wagged superbly as they finished on 177-9.
Oxon didn’t help themselves by conceding 40 extras, but Ben Smith (37) got their reply off to a good start.
Skipper Lloyd Belcher chipped in with 45 before Alex Ling (39no) and Asad Rafiq (21no) led Oxon home with 15 overs to spare.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed