Wallingford's women won a gold medal when representing England in the Home International Regatta at Cork.
Lizzie Polgreen, Louise Hart, Minna Jones-Walters, Amy Grieve came up trumps in the women’s quad event final.
There was more medal joy for Wallingford with second-place finishes in the women’s lightweight double (Jones-Walters and Grieve) and the lightweight single sculls (Hart).
Polgreen also claimed a second medal with a bronze in the women’s sculls.
Wallingford’s veteran squad competed at the European Masters Regatta, in Munich, coming home with six gold medals.
The women won the D coxless four – Katie Kapanaeros, Rachel Edge, Alice Brown and Julia Wilks – and the D double sculls, while their men landed the E and G single sculls, plus the F and G doubles.
Elsewhere, Headington School’s Fiona Gammond helped Great Britain win a silver medal in the World Under 23 Championships in Italy.
Gammond and Anastasia Chitty of Oxford University were in the, who finished strongly behind the USA.
The men’s lightweight four, including Jamie Copus and Joel Cassells from Oxford Brookes, and one Isis performer, Iain Mandale, also got a silver.
Several Oxfordshire rowers have been selected for Britain in the Coupe de la Jeunesse, in France this weekend.
Matilda Martin, Isabel Lingard and Sasha Adwani, all from Headington School are in the team along with Sam Gillingham and Albert Mitchell from St Edward’s.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must forget FA Cup and make most of game in hand at Charlton Athletic
- Michael Appleton: We must be 'clever' to solve Oxford United's selection jigsaw
- RUGBY UNION: Second-half show guides leaders Chinnor to vital victory as Henley Hawks also triumph
- HOCKEY: Lucy Stewart’s super double secures comeback victory for Oxford Hawks
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins complete double over Banbury, while Witney and Grove also taste victory
- DARTS: Peachcroft make their class tell to sink Kings Arms in Oxford League
- MOTORSPORT: Paul Di Resta retained as Williams official reserve driver for 2017 season
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester run riot, Wallingford win, but Gosford All Blacks suffer defeat
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL survive late Coventry Bears revival to reach quarter-finals of league cup
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford, Littlemore and Chipping Norton triumph in BB&O Championship