A sparkling innings from Ian Tew led Banbury to a thrilling last-over victory at home to Tring Park to stay in touch at the top of Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 1.
Tew made 61 off 73 balls to provide the vital spark as Banbury, chasing 230 for victory, got home with five wickets and just two balls to spare.
Tring chose to bat first and were indebted to William Jones, who made 101 off 111 balls, to lay the platform for a formidable total.
But their other batsmen struggled to score quickly agsainst a consistent Banbury attack.
Spinners Luke Ryan and Jimmy Phillips picked up most of the wickets, but the seamers bowled tightly too.
Banbury’s reply was built around a second-wicket stand of 109 between Lloyd Sabin and the fluent Tew.
Sabin played the sheet-anchor role with 78 from 153 balls, before free-scoring Nathan Hawkes and Jonny Cater got Banbury over the line in an exciting finish.
Cater’s unbeaten 37 came off 40 balls.
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must forget FA Cup and make most of game in hand at Charlton Athletic
- Michael Appleton: We must be 'clever' to solve Oxford United's selection jigsaw
- FOOTBALL: Steve Roberts strikes twice as Heyford Athletic beat Cropredy
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- RUGBY UNION: Second-half show guides leaders Chinnor to vital victory as Henley Hawks also triumph
- HOCKEY: Lucy Stewart’s super double secures comeback victory for Oxford Hawks
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins complete double over Banbury, while Witney and Grove also taste victory
- DARTS: Peachcroft make their class tell to sink Kings Arms in Oxford League