A sparkling innings from Ian Tew led Banbury to a thrilling last-over victory at home to Tring Park to stay in touch at the top of Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 1.
Tew made 61 off 73 balls to provide the vital spark as Banbury, chasing 230 for victory, got home with five wickets and just two balls to spare.
Tring chose to bat first and were indebted to William Jones, who made 101 off 111 balls, to lay the platform for a formidable total.
But their other batsmen struggled to score quickly agsainst a consistent Banbury attack.
Spinners Luke Ryan and Jimmy Phillips picked up most of the wickets, but the seamers bowled tightly too.
Banbury’s reply was built around a second-wicket stand of 109 between Lloyd Sabin and the fluent Tew.
Sabin played the sheet-anchor role with 78 from 153 balls, before free-scoring Nathan Hawkes and Jonny Cater got Banbury over the line in an exciting finish.
Cater’s unbeaten 37 came off 40 balls.
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United
- Oxford United fortunate to not concede penalty, says Carlisle United boss Keith Curle
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny
- Carlisle United 0, Oxford United 2 (Maguire pen 4, Sercombe 73)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Carlisle?
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title