A sparkling innings from Ian Tew led Banbury to a thrilling last-over victory at home to Tring Park to stay in touch at the top of Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 1.
Tew made 61 off 73 balls to provide the vital spark as Banbury, chasing 230 for victory, got home with five wickets and just two balls to spare.
Tring chose to bat first and were indebted to William Jones, who made 101 off 111 balls, to lay the platform for a formidable total.
But their other batsmen struggled to score quickly agsainst a consistent Banbury attack.
Spinners Luke Ryan and Jimmy Phillips picked up most of the wickets, but the seamers bowled tightly too.
Banbury’s reply was built around a second-wicket stand of 109 between Lloyd Sabin and the fluent Tew.
Sabin played the sheet-anchor role with 78 from 153 balls, before free-scoring Nathan Hawkes and Jonny Cater got Banbury over the line in an exciting finish.
Cater’s unbeaten 37 came off 40 balls.
- Michael Appleton waits to see referee after being sent to the stands in Oxford United's spicy draw with Oldham Athletic
- Oxford United 1 (Hall 54), Oldham Athletic 1 (Burgess 10)
- Oxford United v Oldham Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are hoping for some home comforts
- Kane Hemmings eyeing big push from Oxford United
- Michael Appleton faced with Oxford United defensive dilemma ahead of Oldham clash
- ANGLING: Martin Phipps leaves rivals in the cold
- TRAMPOLINING: Windrush Valley girls land regional team crown
- GYMNASTICS: Abingdon's Lili-Mae Snuggs claims top-ten spots in national championships
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A go top of Oxford League after victory over Green Road A