Banbury's hopes of repeating last year’s run to the ECB National Club Twenty20 finals day were shattered with a 16-run defeat by Henley in the Home Counties final at Oxford CC yesterday.
Having earlier been handed a walkover in the semi-final by High Wycombe, who couldn’t raise a side, Banbury looked on course for victory after bowling Henley out for 104.
Liam Manley knocked over the top four batsmen to finish with 4-24, while Tahir Afridi made a crucial 33.
Openers Lloyd Sabin and Nathan Hawkes then put on 35 for the first Banbury wicket.
But Sabin was caught at mid-wicket and Hawkes holed out at long on as Banbury collapsed in spectacular fashion to 88 all out.
Gurveer Singh starred for Henley – who had earlier beaten Slough in a high-scoring semi-final – with 2-5 off four overs.
Latest Sport news
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships
- Details announced for Oxford United's EFL Cup tie at Birmingham City
- CRICKET: Shaun Cross takes four as Shipton cruise into last 16 of Davidstow Village Cup
- ATHLETICS: Clarke books ticket to Rio Olympics and vows best is yet to come
- ATHLETICS: Douglas claims British triple jump title, but yet to seal place to Rio
- WEEKEND RESULTS June 25 & 26
- CRICKET: Samad Fallah takes seven as Oxford rout Gerrards Cross
- ATHLETICS: Ennis delighted to reach 200m final
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas