Horspath captain Will Eason says it would be remarkable achievement if they can secure promotion from Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2.
Eason’s second-placed side visit Cove tomorrow with a 33-point cushion in the battle for a top-two spot.
While he is delighted with the form that has seen Horspath win six of their 11 matches, Eason stressed there was still a long way to go.
“Teams are still beating each other,” he said. “We will just carry on as we are doing.
“If we can get to the limited overs games in a promotion position, that’s something we will look to carry on.
“It would be amazing to go up. We are playing some really good cricket.
“The pleasing thing is that we have used 17 or 18 players and people have put their hands up with big performances like Mohson Rana last Saturday.”
Patrick Foster and Jehan Mohammed replace Graham Beer and Adam Krol.
Andy Hemming and George Seacole come in for Tim Senior and Calvin Dickinson in Shipton-under-Wychwood’s side to host leaders Reading.
Hemming will keep wicket in his maiden first-team game of the season and boost Shipton’s batting, with captain Simon Hole describing his return as a “big bonus”.
Hole added: “We got rained off at Reading earlier in the season, so we don’t know a lot about them.
“They have got two good spinners and an Indian overseas player who scores a lot of runs.
“But I would back us to beat them if we play to our potential.”
Teenage spinner Joe Thomas makes his first-team debut for Great & Little Tew in their match at Falkland.
Thomas comes in for Robbie Shurmer, while Matt Clark and Jordan Garrett replace Matt Woods and Markus Jeacock.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- RUGBY UNION: Former Oxford-based club London Welsh go into liquidation
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four