Two Wallingford RC crews won bronzes medals in the British Junior Championships at Nottingham.
The club’s squad of 11 crews not only won two medals, but also contested numerous A finals.
The first medal was brought home by the J15 double scull combination of Will Manginon and Max Thompson, coached by Tom Polkey.
Not to be outdone, Wallingford’s girls’ open double scull of Katie Metalli and Alice Walker also claimed a bronze medal, capping a great season for this pairing, whose target was to land a national medal.
City of Oxford’s youngsters sealed a good event for Oxfordshire with two silver medals in the women’s junior and junior 15 doubles.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory against Bury
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny delighted to send Oxford United to Wembley on a high
- Oxford United fans breathe sigh of relief as goalkeeper Simon Eastwood plays on
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy's double puts Berinsfield in North Berks League Cup final
- FOOTBALL: Liam Godin hits four-timer as KEA reach Junior Shield final
- FOOTBALL: Olly Bush strikes a brace to lead Carterton into the last four
- FOOTBALL: Spot-on Jamie Cook seals dramatic win for North Leigh
- GIRLS FOOTBALL: Oxford City Under 13s clinch league title
- FOOTBALL: Harry Benfield guides Abingdon Youth to Under 15 KO Trophy glory
- FOOTBALL: Kyle Chester in top form as Carterton beat Didcot Town Youth Red