Two Wallingford RC crews won bronzes medals in the British Junior Championships at Nottingham.
The club’s squad of 11 crews not only won two medals, but also contested numerous A finals.
The first medal was brought home by the J15 double scull combination of Will Manginon and Max Thompson, coached by Tom Polkey.
Not to be outdone, Wallingford’s girls’ open double scull of Katie Metalli and Alice Walker also claimed a bronze medal, capping a great season for this pairing, whose target was to land a national medal.
City of Oxford’s youngsters sealed a good event for Oxfordshire with two silver medals in the women’s junior and junior 15 doubles.
Latest Sport news
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- SNOOKER/BILLIARDS: Neil Craycraft stars in Abingdon Conservatives' whitewash
- MOTORSPORT: Williams seeking boost for US Grand prix
- SKATER HOCKEY: Adam Harris thrilled to be making his debut for GB
- TABLE TENNIS: Neil Cartwright leads British rail's express start to season
- ANGLING: Steve Harwood loses out by a ounce in Oxford Winter League