Two Wallingford RC crews won bronzes medals in the British Junior Championships at Nottingham.
The club’s squad of 11 crews not only won two medals, but also contested numerous A finals.
The first medal was brought home by the J15 double scull combination of Will Manginon and Max Thompson, coached by Tom Polkey.
Not to be outdone, Wallingford’s girls’ open double scull of Katie Metalli and Alice Walker also claimed a bronze medal, capping a great season for this pairing, whose target was to land a national medal.
City of Oxford’s youngsters sealed a good event for Oxfordshire with two silver medals in the women’s junior and junior 15 doubles.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's Benji Buchel and Tyler Roberts receive international call-ups
- Joe Rothwell positive despite Oxford United's EFL Cup defeat
- CRICKET: Oxford Downs on brink of Cherwell League top-flight return after winning thriller against Nondies
- AUNT SALLY: Brilliant Kevin Giles impresses with 17-doll haul as Gladiators A ease to victory
- CRICKET: Minster Lovell win double-header for pole position in OCA League Division 1 title race
- Oxford United 2 (Thomas 28, Crowley 90+4), Brighton & HA 4 (Adekugbe 2, LuaLua 76, Manu 81, Hemed 85)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Brighton?
- Oxford Utd v Brighton & HA - LIVE
- Oxford United linked with Everton midfielder Ryan Ledson
- Oxford United eye another Championship scalp as Brighton prepare to shuffle their pack