DAVID Bruce held off James Bolton to come home a clear winner at the Hornton Classic 6.
The Highgate Harriers athlete, from Oxford, battled with Bolton (Woodstock Harriers) in the early stages of the hilly six-mile race.
But Bruce came on strong to win in 32mins 42secs, with Bolton (33.10) taking the vet 40 honours.
James Eve (Headington Road Runners) was third in 35.07, ahead of Paul Jegou (White Horse Harriers), who clocked 35.28.
Jenny McBain edged out Alchester clubmate Michelle Pank to take the ladies’ title.
McBain finished 22nd overall in 38.55, with Pank 24th in 39.08.
Headington’s Rebecca Campbell (39.54) was third lady, ahead of Alchester’s Samantha Usher (40.45).
Alchester won the ladies’ team prize, while Woodstock took the men’s honours.
Latest Sport news
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000
- VIDEO: Watch Oxford United signing Tyler Roberts scoring for West Brom
- Kane Hemmings out to make immediate impact at Oxford United
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell among leading pack after first round in Thailand
- Majority of Oxford United fans in poll prepared to boycott EFL Trophy
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Tom Anstice claims three titles and breaks Radley club record
- BOWLS: Singles champion Chris Gilkes comes so close to historic Oxfordshire title double
- BOWLS: Headington and Carterton to vie for Oxfordshire League crown