DAVID Bruce held off James Bolton to come home a clear winner at the Hornton Classic 6.
The Highgate Harriers athlete, from Oxford, battled with Bolton (Woodstock Harriers) in the early stages of the hilly six-mile race.
But Bruce came on strong to win in 32mins 42secs, with Bolton (33.10) taking the vet 40 honours.
James Eve (Headington Road Runners) was third in 35.07, ahead of Paul Jegou (White Horse Harriers), who clocked 35.28.
Jenny McBain edged out Alchester clubmate Michelle Pank to take the ladies’ title.
McBain finished 22nd overall in 38.55, with Pank 24th in 39.08.
Headington’s Rebecca Campbell (39.54) was third lady, ahead of Alchester’s Samantha Usher (40.45).
Alchester won the ladies’ team prize, while Woodstock took the men’s honours.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Port Vale
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- SNOOKER/BILLIARDS: Neil Craycraft stars in Abingdon Conservatives' whitewash
- MOTORSPORT: Williams seeking boost for US Grand prix
- SKATER HOCKEY: Adam Harris thrilled to be making his debut for GB
- ANGLING: Steve Harwood loses out by a ounce in Oxford Winter League