DAVID Bruce held off James Bolton to come home a clear winner at the Hornton Classic 6.
The Highgate Harriers athlete, from Oxford, battled with Bolton (Woodstock Harriers) in the early stages of the hilly six-mile race.
But Bruce came on strong to win in 32mins 42secs, with Bolton (33.10) taking the vet 40 honours.
James Eve (Headington Road Runners) was third in 35.07, ahead of Paul Jegou (White Horse Harriers), who clocked 35.28.
Jenny McBain edged out Alchester clubmate Michelle Pank to take the ladies’ title.
McBain finished 22nd overall in 38.55, with Pank 24th in 39.08.
Headington’s Rebecca Campbell (39.54) was third lady, ahead of Alchester’s Samantha Usher (40.45).
Alchester won the ladies’ team prize, while Woodstock took the men’s honours.
Latest Sport news
- North Leigh eye one more scalp as they face Oxford United in Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- Oxford City Stars request plan from EIHA to deal with potential league restructure
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester triumph after late rally, Gosford All Blacks win but Wallingford are beaten
- GOLF: Burford go top of Oxfordshire Foursomes League
- RUGBY UNION: Wheatley, Didcot and Abingdon finish BB&O campaign with victories
- The derby games are great but it's not my problem, says Michael Appleton on Swindon Town's relegation
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Quickfire Oxford United striker Conor McAleny delighted at Millwall victory
- Oxford United midfielder Josh Ruffels revels in week to remember
- Michael Appleton hails Oxford United's 'outstanding' display in victory over Millwall