DAVID Bruce held off James Bolton to come home a clear winner at the Hornton Classic 6.
The Highgate Harriers athlete, from Oxford, battled with Bolton (Woodstock Harriers) in the early stages of the hilly six-mile race.
But Bruce came on strong to win in 32mins 42secs, with Bolton (33.10) taking the vet 40 honours.
James Eve (Headington Road Runners) was third in 35.07, ahead of Paul Jegou (White Horse Harriers), who clocked 35.28.
Jenny McBain edged out Alchester clubmate Michelle Pank to take the ladies’ title.
McBain finished 22nd overall in 38.55, with Pank 24th in 39.08.
Headington’s Rebecca Campbell (39.54) was third lady, ahead of Alchester’s Samantha Usher (40.45).
Alchester won the ladies’ team prize, while Woodstock took the men’s honours.
Latest Sport news
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell clinches US Open spot after superb qualifying display
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- Oxford United denied cash boost from Kemar Roofe transfer after Leeds United's failure to make play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire clinch first Twickenham win after dramatic finale
- RESULTS: May 27-28
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League reports
- MOTORSPORT: Haas and Williams in the points at Monaco Grand Prix
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player