DAVID Bruce held off James Bolton to come home a clear winner at the Hornton Classic 6.
The Highgate Harriers athlete, from Oxford, battled with Bolton (Woodstock Harriers) in the early stages of the hilly six-mile race.
But Bruce came on strong to win in 32mins 42secs, with Bolton (33.10) taking the vet 40 honours.
James Eve (Headington Road Runners) was third in 35.07, ahead of Paul Jegou (White Horse Harriers), who clocked 35.28.
Jenny McBain edged out Alchester clubmate Michelle Pank to take the ladies’ title.
McBain finished 22nd overall in 38.55, with Pank 24th in 39.08.
Headington’s Rebecca Campbell (39.54) was third lady, ahead of Alchester’s Samantha Usher (40.45).
Alchester won the ladies’ team prize, while Woodstock took the men’s honours.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's fitness concerns ease despite Johnny Mullins knock
- ICE HOCKEY: Trio aiming to hit heights after taking over at Oxford City Stars
- Oxford United will let train take the strain for Carlisle journey
- ATHLETICS: Capital show as Kate Williamson beat British Over 70s marathon record in London
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock hails his Oxford Harlequins players after making Marston Ferry Road a fortress
- AUNT SALLY: In-form Oracle stay in touch with whitewash victory
- RUGBY UNION: Blue Boar enjoy tour of Ireland
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore to celebrate 40th anniversary
- MARTIAL ARTS: Oxfordshire stars in the medals at European Championships
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Vultures swoop to win Oxfordshire Veterans