Oxford City Stars’ squad for the new season continues to take shape with the return of Dax Hedges, an energetic young forward from the city.
The 24-year-old took a year out of the game to travel, but is now back in the UK and will be looking to find the back of net alongside some familiar faces in National League Division 1 next year.
Stars have also confirmed that James Pentecost and Joe Edwards, both also 24-year-old forwards, have signed for another season.
Hedges and Edwards both featured in the Division 2 championship-winning team in 2012/13.
Hedges is looking forward to rejoining the team in a higher division.
“I’m really happy to be back playing in Oxford,” he said.
“It’s good to have the team in NIHL1 to give the club and the kids something to aspire to.”
Pentecost moved to Oxford midway through last season from Peterborough Island-ers, quickly becoming a crowd favourite.
Edwards played a key role in both Stars’ consecutive championship seasons and is another Oxford-born player.
Oxford coach Darren Elliott is happy to reunite Hedges with his home-town club.
He said: “We’re really pleased to have Dax back.
“He brings a lot of speed and likes to get involved – good points which are sometimes difficult to find.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Curtis Nelson calls on Oxford United to learn from Port Vale draw
- Oxford United defender Joe Skarz happy with return from injury but frustrated with Port Vale draw
- There are some good signs, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton after 2-2 draw at Port Vale
- FOOTBALL: Skipper Scott Davies is sent off as depleted Oxford City hold on for point
- Weekend results: October 22 & 23
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's fine unbeaten run is ended at hands of Frome
- FOOTBALL: Last-gasp Jordan Graham goal earns Didcot Town a point at Hereford
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith pleased with points haul at Phillip Island
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa lands top ten spot for Williams at US Grand Prix